Laad Bazar Hyderabad is a vibrant market for bangles and other traditional items located near the historic Charminar in Hyderabad, Telangana. It is one of the oldest and largest markets in the city, dating back to the Qutb Shahi and Nizam eras. The market is also known as Choodi Bazar or Lad Bazar, derived from the word “laad” which means lacquer, the material used to make bangles.
The market is a popular destination for brides-to-be and wedding shoppers, as it offers a variety of bangles, jewellery, sarees, embroidery, pearls, semi-precious stones, etc. The market is also a hub of culture and cuisine, as it has many eateries and stalls that serve Hyderabadi delicacies. Visit during Hyderabad Local Sightseeing By Cab. Here are some details you need to know before visiting Laad Bazar:
Location of Laad Bazar
Laad Bazar Hyderabad is located at Char Kaman, Ghansi Bazaar, Hyderabad, Telangana. The market is situated on one of the four main roads that branch out from the Charminar, the iconic monument of Hyderabad. The market is about 3 km from Nampally railway station and 23 km from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
Timing/Entry Fees Laad Bazar
The market is open to visitors from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM every day. There is no entry fee for visiting the market. However, there are charges for various activities and attractions at the Charminar and nearby places, such as boating, parasailing, jet skiing, etc.
How to Reach Laad Bazar
There are various modes of transport available to reach Laad Bazar Hyderabad from different parts of the city. You can take a bus, an auto-rickshaw, a taxi, or a metro to reach the market. Some of the bus numbers that go to Laad Bazar are 8A, 8C, 8M, 8R, and 8U. You can also take a metro to Charminar metro station and walk for about 5 minutes to reach the market.
Alternatively, you can drive your own vehicle or rent a car or a bike to reach the market. There is enough parking space available near the Charminar entrance.
Things to Do in Laad Bazar
There are many things to do and see at Laad Bazar Hyderabad. You can:
- Shop for bangles of various colors, designs, sizes, and materials at the numerous shops and stalls that line the market.
- Buy jewellery, pearls, semi-precious stones, sarees, embroidery, laces, etc. at reasonable prices after bargaining with the vendors.
- Taste the local cuisine at the various eateries and stalls that serve Hyderabadi biryani, haleem, kebabs, qubani ka meetha, irani chai, etc.
- Visit the nearby attractions such as Charminar , Mecca Masjid , Chowmahalla Palace , etc.
- Enjoy the cultural and festive atmosphere of the market during occasions such as Ramzan , Bonalu , Bathukamma , etc.
Must See near Laad Bazar
Some of the must-see attractions near Laad Bazar Hyderabad are:
- The Charminar , which is a four-sided archway with four minarets that was built in 1591 by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah ,the founder of Hyderabad.
- The Mecca Masjid , which is one of the oldest and largest mosques in India that was built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah and completed by Aurangzeb .
- The Chowmahalla Palace , which is a palace complex that was the official residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad and showcases their art and culture.
- The Salar Jung Museum , which is an art museum that displays the personal collection of Salar Jung III , who was the prime minister of Hyderabad during the Nizam’s rule.
- The Nizam’s Museum , which is a museum that exhibits the gifts and souvenirs received by the last Nizam of Hyderabad on his silver jubilee celebrations.
Significance of Laad Bazar
Laad Bazar Hyderabad is a significant historical and cultural site in Hyderabad. It was established by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah , who was the founder of Hyderabad city and built it as a shopping destination for his daughter’s wedding. It is said that he named it after his wife Ladli Begum or after his general Abdur Razzaq Laary or after Lord Rippon , the British viceroy.
The market is also a symbol of the artistic and cultural diversity of Hyderabad, as it has items from various regions and communities. It is also a place of celebration, as it hosts various festivals and events that reflect the spirit and heritage of Hyderabad.
Q: How can I bargain in Laad Bazar?
A: Bargaining is a common practice in Laad Bazar and you can try to negotiate the prices with the shopkeepers and vendors. However, be polite and respectful while bargaining and do not offer too low or too high prices. You can also compare the prices of different shops before buying anything.
Q: What are the things to avoid in Laad Bazar?
A: Some of the things to avoid in Laad Bazar are:
Avoid buying fake or low-quality products that may not last long or may cause allergies or infections.
Avoid carrying too much cash or valuables as there may be pickpockets or thieves in the crowded market.
Avoid wearing expensive or flashy jewellery or clothes as they may attract unwanted attention or harassment.
Avoid visiting the market during peak hours or festivals as it may be too crowded or chaotic.
Q: What are some tips for visiting Laad Bazar?
A: Some tips for visiting Laad Bazar are:
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes as you may have to walk a lot in the narrow lanes and stairs.
Carry a water bottle and some snacks to stay hydrated and energized.
Carry a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and umbrella to protect yourself from the sun and rain.
Carry a map or a GPS device to navigate the market and locate the places.
Carry some cash or cards to pay for the products, parking charges, tolls, and other expenses.
Laad Bazar is a colorful shopping destination in Hyderabad that offers a variety of products such as bangles, pearls, jewellery, and other items that are popular among women. Laad Bazar is also a place where you can experience the history, culture, and tradition of Hyderabad and witness the art of making bangles, pearls, and perfumes by hand. Laad Bazar is a must see place for anyone who loves shopping and exploring the local culture of Hyderabad.
You can visit Laad Bazar by taking a private cab, an auto rickshaw, or a bus from any part of the city. You can also combine your visit to Laad Bazar with other nearby attractions such as Charminar, Mecca Masjid, and Chowmahalla Palace. Laad Bazar is a place that will leave you mesmerized with its colors, fragrances, and sounds. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Laad Bazar today and enjoy a memorable shopping experience in Hyderabad.