Siri Mane, also spelled as Sirimane, is a peaceful ashram located in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka. It is one of the popular spiritual destinations in the region, as it offers a serene and tranquil atmosphere for meditation and relaxation. It is also a place of natural beauty, as it is surrounded by lush green hills, coffee plantations, and waterfalls. Siri Mane is a perfect destination for a spiritual and refreshing trip, where you can connect with your inner self and nature. Siri Mane famous tourist attraction in Chikmagalur, Visit during Chikmagalur Local Sightseeing by cab
Location of Siri Mane
Siri Mane is located about 25 km from Chikmagalur town, which is about 265 km from Bengaluru, the capital city of Karnataka. Chikmagalur is well connected by road and rail to other major cities in Karnataka and India. You can reach Chikmagalur by taking a bus, train, or car from Bengaluru or other nearby places.
From Chikmagalur, you can hire a taxi or a two-wheeler to reach Siri Mane. The road to the ashram is narrow and winding, so you need to be careful while driving. Alternatively, you can also take a local jeep that will take you to the ashram.
Timing/Entry Fees Siri Mane
Siri Mane is open for visitors throughout the year, from 6 am to 6 pm. There is no entry fee for visiting the ashram. However, you may have to pay a donation if you wish to stay at the ashram or participate in any of the activities.
How to Reach Siri Mane
There are two ways to reach Siri Mane: by road or by trekking.
- By road: You can drive up to the ashram, which is about 25 km from Chikmagalur town. The road passes through scenic landscapes of hills, forests, and coffee estates. You can enjoy the drive and stop at some of the viewpoints along the way.
- By trekking: You can start your trek from Sirimane Falls, which is a beautiful waterfall located near the ashram. The trek distance is about 5 km one way, and it takes about 2 hours to complete. The trek difficulty level is easy, with some gentle slopes and flat terrains along the way. The trek route passes through lush forests, streams, and fields. You can enjoy the nature and fresh air as you hike up to Siri Mane.
Things to Do/Must See Siri Mane
Siri Mane has a lot to offer for visitors of all ages and interests. Here are some of the things you can do and see at this amazing destination.
- Meditate: The ashram at Siri Mane is a place of peace and harmony, where you can meditate and calm your mind. The ashram has a meditation hall, where you can sit in silence or join in the group meditation sessions that are held regularly. You can also meditate in your own room or in any of the open spaces in the ashram.
- Relax: The ashram at Siri Mane is a place of relaxation and rejuvenation, where you can unwind and de-stress yourself. The ashram has a library, where you can read books on spirituality, philosophy, and yoga. You can also relax in your own room or in any of the open spaces in the ashram.
- Learn: The ashram at Siri Mane is a place of learning and growth, where you can learn new things and improve yourself. The ashram has a yoga hall, where you can learn yoga and practice it under the guidance of trained instructors. You can also learn about spirituality, philosophy, and culture from the ashram’s founder and other guests.
- Enjoy: The ashram at Siri Mane is a place of enjoyment and fun, where you can enjoy various activities and events. The ashram organizes cultural programs, musical concerts, festivals, and celebrations throughout the year. You can also enjoy various games, sports, and outdoor activities in the ashram.
Nearby Tourist Attractions Siri Mane
Siri Mane is not the only attraction in Chikmagalur district. There are many other places to visit and explore in this region. Some of them are:
- Sirimane Falls: This is a beautiful waterfall located near Siri Mane Ashram. It is one of the popular attractions in the region, attracting nature lovers and adventure seekers alike. The waterfall cascades from a height of about 40 feet into a pool below. The water is cold and refreshing, and it is ideal for swimming and playing.
- Kigga Village: This is a small village located near Siri Mane Ashram. It is famous for its Rishyashringa Temple, which is dedicated to Rishyashringa, a sage who was born with horns on his head. The temple is believed to be very powerful and grants the wishes of the devotees. The village also has a school, a hospital, and a post office.
- Sringeri Sharada Peetha: This is a holy shrine that is one of the four major monasteries established by Adi Shankara, a great philosopher and reformer of Hinduism. The shrine is dedicated to Goddess Sharada, who is the goddess of learning and wisdom. The shrine has a temple, a matha, and a museum. It also has a Vedic school, where students learn the ancient scriptures and rituals.
Significance of Siri Mane
Siri Mane is not just a tourist spot, but also a place of spiritual significance. It is an ashram that was founded by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, a renowned spiritual leader and humanitarian. He is the founder of the Art of Living Foundation, which is a global movement that aims to spread peace, happiness, and human values. He is also the creator of the Sudarshan Kriya, a powerful breathing technique that helps in reducing stress and enhancing well-being.
Siri Mane is also a place of natural significance, as it is surrounded by lush green hills, coffee plantations, and waterfalls. It is part of the Western Ghats, which are one of the biodiversity hotspots in the world. The Western Ghats are home to many endemic and endangered species of plants and animals. They also play an important role in regulating the climate and rainfall patterns of South India.
Q: What is the best time to visit Siri Mane?
A: The best time to visit Siri Mane is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and dry. However, if you want to see the ashram in its greenest form, you can also visit during monsoon, from June to September, when it is lush green and misty.
Q: What are the things to carry for the stay?
A: You should carry comfortable clothes and shoes, water bottles, snacks, toiletries, medicines, books, and camera for the stay.
Q: Is there any accommodation available at the ashram?
A: Yes, there is accommodation available at the ashram. You can choose from cottages, dormitories, or tents according to your preference and budget. You can also opt for food and other facilities at the ashram.
Q: Is there any food available at the ashram?
A: Yes, there is food available at the ashram. You can enjoy vegetarian meals that are prepared with organic ingredients and served in a buffet style. You can also request for special diets or preferences if you have any.
Siri Mane is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves spirituality and nature. It offers a unique experience of visiting an ashram that was founded by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and witnessing the beauty of Western Ghats. It also has a rich history and culture that adds to its charm. So what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Siri Mane today and enjoy a memorable vacation with your loved ones.