Kashid beach is a pristine and peaceful beach located near the town of Kashid, in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. It is one of the best beaches along the Konkan coast and offers a relaxing and refreshing experience for visitors. It is also close to some historical and cultural attractions, such as the Murud-Janjira fort, the Korlai fort and the Phansad bird sanctuary. Visit during Mumbai to Murud-Janjira Tour package By cab
Location of Kashid Beach
Kashid beach is situated about 1 km from the shore of Kashid town, which is about 160 km south of Mumbai and 30 km from Alibag. The nearest railway station is Roha, which is about 50 km from Kashid. The nearest airport is Mumbai, which is about 170 km from Kashid.
Timing/Entry fees Kashid Beach
Kashid beach is open all day and all year round. There is no entry fee to visit the beach, but you may have to pay for parking, if you have a vehicle. You may also have to pay for some water sports activities or other facilities available at the beach.
How to Reach Kashid Beach
The best way to reach Kashid beach is by road. You can drive from Mumbai or Pune via Alibag or Panvel. The road is well-maintained and scenic, passing through green hills and coastal villages. You can also hire a private cab or a bus from Mumbai or Pune. Once you reach Kashid town, you can take an auto-rickshaw or a walk to the beach.
History of Kashid Beach
Kashid beach has a long and rich history, as it was once part of the territory of the Siddis, who were originally from Abyssinia (present-day Ethiopia) and came to India as merchants and sailors. They settled in Janjira island and became rulers of the region under the patronage of the Nizamshahi and Adilshahi sultans of Deccan. They built the Murud-Janjira fort in the late 15th or early 16th century to protect themselves from pirates and invaders.
The beach was also visited by many famous personalities, such as Shivaji Maharaj, Sambhaji Maharaj, Peshwa Bajirao, Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj, Lokmanya Tilak, etc. The beach was also a witness to many battles and events that shaped the history of Maharashtra and India.
Things to Do/Must see Kashid Beach
Kashid beach has many things to do and see for visitors. Some of them are:
- Enjoy the sun, sand and sea at the beach, which has a vast expanse of white sand with clear blue water, stretching almost 3 km along the coastal line. The beach is clean and safe for swimming and bathing.
- Indulge in various water sports activities like banana boat ride, jet ski, parasailing, etc. or rent a bicycle or a horse cart to explore the beach. You can also play some games like volleyball, cricket, frisbee, etc. on the beach.
- Watch the sunset at the beach, which is extremely beautiful and mesmerizing. The view of the sun turning red over the Arabian Sea, with the palm trees swaying in the breeze, is a sight to behold.
- Visit the Murud-Janjira fort, which is a famous sea fort and tourist spot situated on an island just off the coastal town of Murud. It is one of the strongest coastal forts in India and has never been conquered by any enemy. It has 26 bastions, cannons, sculptures, ponds, mosque and palace. You can take a boat ride from Rajapuri jetty to reach the fort.
- Visit the Korlai fort, which is another sea fort located about 11 km from Kashid town. It was built by the Portuguese in the 16th century and later captured by the Marathas. It has a lighthouse and a church within its premises.
- Visit the Phansad bird sanctuary, which is about 4 km from Kashid town. It is home to some exotic birds and animals like peacocks, hornbills, leopards, barking deer, etc. You can also admire the natural beauty of the forest and the lake.
Significance of Kashid Beach
Kashid beach is a significant place for its natural and cultural value. It is a place where you can enjoy the beauty of nature and relax your mind and body. It is also a place where you can learn about the history and culture of the Siddis, who ruled this region for centuries. It is also a place where you can witness the harmony between different religions and communities.
Q: Is there any accommodation available near Kashid beach?
A: Yes, there are many hotels and resorts available near Kashid town or Murud town that offer comfortable stay options for visitors. You can also find some homestays or cottages that offer a more authentic and rustic experience.
Q: What are the best time and season to visit Kashid beach?
A: The best time to visit Kashid beach is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm. The monsoon season from June to September should be avoided, as the sea becomes rough and the beach may get flooded.
Q: What are the safety and security measures at Kashid beach?
A: Kashid beach is a safe and secure place for visitors. There are lifeguards and police available at the beach who can assist you with any queries or issues. You should also follow some basic safety precautions, such as wearing life jackets while on the water sports activities, avoiding swimming in the deep sea, carrying enough water and snacks, etc.
Q: What are the other attractions near Kashid beach?
A: Apart from Kashid beach, you can also visit some other attractions near Kashid town, such as:
Murud-Janjira fort, which is a famous sea fort and tourist spot situated on an island just off the coastal town of Murud. It is one of the strongest coastal forts in India and has never been conquered by any enemy.
Korlai fort, which is another sea fort located about 11 km from Kashid town. It was built by the Portuguese in the 16th century and later captured by the Marathas.
Phansad bird sanctuary, which is about 4 km from Kashid town. It is home to some exotic birds and animals like peacocks, hornbills, leopards, barking deer, etc.
Kashid beach is a pristine and peaceful beach near Mumbai that offers a relaxing and refreshing experience for visitors. It is a place where you can enjoy the sun, sand and sea and indulge in various water sports activities. It is also a place where you can visit some historical and cultural attractions, such as the Murud-Janjira fort, the Korlai fort and the Phansad bird sanctuary. It is a place that you should not miss if you are travelling in Maharashtra.