Indore, the largest city of Madhya Pradesh, is known for its cultural and religious diversity. One of the most popular and revered places of worship in the city is the Khajrana Ganesh Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Ganesha. Ganesh temple is a beautiful and magnificent structure that attracts devotees from far and wide. Here are some of the reasons why you should visit this temple when you are in Indore. Khajrana Ganesh Temple is famous tourist attraction In Indore, Visit During Indore Local sightseeing by cab
Location of Khajrana Ganesh Temple
The temple is located in Khajrana area of Indore, near Science Center Road. The temple is about 7 km away from Indore Junction Railway Station and about 14 km away from Devi Ahilya International Airport.
Timing/Entry Fees Khajrana Ganesh Temple
The temple is open to visitors from 10 AM to 10 PM on all days except Mondays. There is no entry fee for visiting the temple.
How to Reach Khajrana Ganesh Temple
You can reach the temple by various modes of transport such as bus, cab or auto. There are frequent buses that ply from different parts of the city to the temple. You can also hire a cab or an auto from any point in the city to reach the temple.
Things to do/Must See Khajrana Ganesh Temple
There are many things to do and see at the temple. Some of them are:
- Admire the architecture of the temple, which is a blend of Hindu and Islamic styles. The temple has a huge dome and two minarets on its sides. The temple also has a spacious courtyard and a water tank.
- Visit the prayer hall of the temple, which is beautifully decorated with petal motifs and ornate pillars. The prayer hall can accommodate up to 175,000 people at a time.
- Visit the madrasa or Islamic school attached to the temple, which provides education and training to Muslim students.
- Visit the library and exhibition hall that provide information and resources on Hindu and Islamic history and culture.
- Participate in various activities and programs that are organized by the temple such as workshops, seminars, lectures, film shows, festivals, etc. You can also interact with various experts and scholars who visit the temple.
Significance of Khajrana Ganesh Temple
The temple is not only a place of worship but also a place of history and legacy. The temple has the following significance:
- It was built in 1735 by Maharani Ahilyabai Holkar of the Holkar dynasty, who retrieved the idol of Lord Ganesha from a well where it had been hidden to keep it safe from the Mughal ruler Aurangzeb.
- It was designed by a French descendant of Bourbon kings, who was employed by Ahilyabai Holkar.
- It was one of the first buildings in India to have European influences in its architecture.
- It was one of the most important political and cultural centers of Indore during the Holkar era.
Some of the frequently asked questions about the temple are:
- Q: Is photography allowed inside the temple?
- A: Yes, photography is allowed inside the temple with a valid ticket.
- Q: Is there any facility for food and water at the temple?
- A: Yes,
The Khajrana Ganesh Temple is a must-visit destination for anyone who wants to experience the Hindu and Islamic culture and heritage of Indore. The temple is a splendid and magnificent structure that reflects the faith and devotion of the devotees. The temple is also a place of history and legacy, where you can learn about the Holkars of Indore and their contributions to the city. Whether you are a student, a researcher, a tourist or a citizen, you will find something to admire and appreciate at the temple.