If you are looking for a place to enjoy the wild and wonderful diversity of nature, then Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo in Bangalore is a perfect destination for you. Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo is a wild and wonderful park that was established in 1971 as a wildlife sanctuary. The park is spread over an area of 260 sq km and has various types of habitats such as forests, grasslands, hills, valleys, etc, famous tourist attraction in Bangalore, visit during Bangalore Local sightseeing.
The park is also a home to various types of wildlife such as tigers, lions, leopards, elephants, bears, deer, monkeys, etc. The park is a popular tourist spot and a conservation center that offers a variety of activities and attractions for the visitors. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Location of Bannerghatta National Park
Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo is located in the south of Bangalore city, in Karnataka state. It is situated about 22 km from the Bangalore Railway Station and 65 km from the Kempegowda International Airport. The park is surrounded by other attractions such as Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Cubbon Park, Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, etc.
Timing/Entry Fees Bannerghatta National Park
The park is open to visitors throughout the year, from 9 am to 5 pm. There is an entry fee of Rs. 80 for Indian visitors and Rs. 400 for foreign visitors for visiting the park. There is also an additional fee for some activities or attractions at the park such as safari (Rs. 260 for Indians and Rs. 1300 for foreigners), butterfly park (Rs. 30 for Indians and Rs. 200 for foreigners), boating (Rs. 60 for Indians and Rs. 300 for foreigners), etc.
How to Reach Bannerghatta National Park
The easiest way to reach Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo is by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Bangalore city or airport to reach the park. You can also take a metro train to Gottigere Metro Station and then take a rickshaw or a bus to reach the park.
Things to Do/Must See Bannerghatta National Park
There are many things to do and see at Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo. Some of them are:
- Enjoy the safari and zoo. The main attraction of the park is the safari and zoo that allow you to see various types of wildlife in their natural habitats. You can enjoy the safari on a bus or a jeep that takes you through different zones such as herbivore safari (where you can see deer, antelopes, elephants, etc.), bear safari (where you can see sloth bears), lion safari (where you can see lions), tiger safari (where you can see tigers), etc. You can also enjoy the zoo that has various types of animals such as leopards, crocodiles, snakes, birds, etc.
- Visit the butterfly park and museum. You can also visit the butterfly park and museum that display various types of butterflies and moths that belong to different regions and climates of the world. You can see more than 20 species of butterflies and moths in the park that fly freely in a dome-shaped enclosure that has plants and flowers that attract them. You can also see some specimens of butterflies and moths in the museum that have information about their life cycle and behavior.
- Enjoy the boating and fishing. You can also enjoy boating and fishing on the Suvarnamukhi pond that is located near the park. You can enjoy boating on different types of boats such as pedal boats, row boats, motor boats, etc. You can also enjoy fishing on the pond with some fishing rods and baits that are available at the pond.
- Experience the events and activities. The park also hosts some events and activities throughout the year that are fun and educational for the visitors. Some of them are nature walks, birdwatching sessions, wildlife photography workshops, camping programs, etc.
Significance of Bannerghatta National Park
Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of environmental and social importance for Bangalore and India. The park has many benefits and blessings for those who visit it with respect and admiration. Some of them are:
- The park preserves and protects the diversity and richness of wildlife in India and the world.
- The park conducts scientific research and conservation of wildlife in collaboration with various national and international organizations.
- The park educates and inspires the public about the importance and value of nature and environment.
- The park provides a recreational and relaxing space for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo:
- Q: How much time does it take to explore the park?
- A: It takes about 4 to 5 hours to explore the park thoroughly.
- Q: Is there any accommodation facility near the park?
- A: Yes, there are some hotels and lodges near the park where you can stay overnight.
- Q: Is there any food or water facility at the park?
- A: Yes, there are some canteens and stalls at the park where you can buy snacks and water. However, it is advisable to carry your own food and water as well.
- Q: Is there any medical facility near the park?
- A: No, there is no medical facility near the park. You should carry your own first aid kit and medicines in case of any emergency.
Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo is a must-visit place for anyone who loves nature, wildlife , culture ,and fun . It is a place where you can enjoy safari ,zoo ,butterfly ,park ,boating ,fishing ,events ,and activities that are fun ,and educational for visitors . It is a place that will leave you with happiness ,and satisfaction in your mind .