If you are looking for a place to admire the majestic and magnificent architecture and art of the state legislature of Karnataka, then Karnataka Vidhana Soudha in Bangalore is a perfect destination for you. Karnataka Vidhana Soudha is a majestic and magnificent building that was built by Kengal Hanumanthaiah, the chief minister of Mysore (now Karnataka), in 1956 as a symbol of the pride and sovereignty of the state. Vidhana Soudha Famous building in Bangalore, visit during Bangalore Local sightseeing.
The building is a blend of Dravidian and Neo-Dravidian architectural styles, and it showcases the rich history and culture of Karnataka. The building is also a center of political and administrative activities of the state government. The building attracts many visitors who want to witness the grandeur and glory of the state legislature. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Karnataka Vidhana Soudha, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Location of Vidhana Soudha
Karnataka Vidhana Soudha is located in the center of Bangalore city, in Karnataka state. It is situated about 3 km from the Bangalore Railway Station and 34 km from the Kempegowda International Airport. The building is surrounded by other attractions such as Cubbon Park, High Court, Bangalore Palace, etc.
Timing/Entry Fees Vidhana Soudha
The building is open to visitors throughout the year, from 9 am to 5 pm. However, visitors are allowed to enter only on Sundays and public holidays with prior permission from the authorities. There is no entry fee for visiting the building.
How to Reach Vidhana Soudha
The easiest way to reach Karnataka Vidhana Soudha is by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Bangalore city or airport to reach the building. You can also take a metro train to Vidhana Soudha Metro Station and then walk or take a rickshaw to reach the building.
Things to Do/Must See Vidhana Soudha
There are many things to do and see at Karnataka Vidhana Soudha. Some of them are:
- Explore the building’s architecture and art. The building is a splendid structure that has four floors and covers an area of 60 acres. The building has granite pillars, arches, domes, windows, etc. that add beauty and elegance to the place. The building has floral motifs and sculptures on its walls and ceilings that depict various scenes from Hindu mythology and history. The building also has some inscriptions and paintings that reveal its historical significance.
- Visit the assembly hall and council hall. The building has an assembly hall and a council hall where the legislative assembly and the legislative council of the state meet respectively. The assembly hall has a capacity of 300 members and has a huge portrait of Mahatma Gandhi (the father of the nation) on its wall. The council hall has a capacity of 100 members and has a huge portrait of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar (the chief architect of Indian constitution) on its wall.
- Enjoy the light show and fountain show. The building also offers a light show and a fountain show that illuminate and decorate the building in different colors and patterns. The light show is held every evening from 6 pm to 8 pm in different languages such as Kannada, English, Hindi, etc. The fountain show is held every evening from 7 pm to 7:30 pm in front of the building.
- Experience the events and activities. The building also hosts some events and activities throughout the year that are enjoyable and educational for the visitors. Some of them are Republic Day (January 26), Independence Day (August 15), Rajyotsava Day (November 1), etc.
Significance of Vidhana Soudha
Karnataka Vidhana Soudha is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of political and cultural importance for Bangalore and India. The building has many benefits and blessings for those who visit it with respect and admiration. Some of them are:
- The building reflects the majestic and magnificent architecture and art of Karnataka.
- The building showcases the history and culture of Karnataka and its contribution to the Indian democracy.
- The building inspires pride and patriotism in the hearts of the visitors who witness the grandeur and glory of the state legislature.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Karnataka Vidhana Soudha:
- Q: How much time does it take to explore the building?
- A: It takes about an hour to explore the building thoroughly.
- Q: Is there any accommodation facility near the building?
- A: Yes, there are some hotels and lodges near the building where you can stay overnight.
- Q: Is there any food or water facility at the building?
- A: No, there is no food or water facility at the building. You should carry your own food and water as well.
- Q: Is there any medical facility near the building?
- A: No, there is no medical facility near the building. You should carry your own first aid kit and medicines in case of any emergency.
Karnataka Vidhana Soudha is a must-visit place for anyone who loves politics ,culture ,and beauty . It is a place where you can admire ,the splendid architecture ,and art ,of ,the ,building ,visit ,the assembly hall ,and council hall ,where ,the state legislature meets ,enjoy ,the light show ,and fountain show ,that illuminate ,and decorate ,the ,building ,experience events ,and activities ,that are enjoyable ,and educational for visitors . It is a place that will leave you with awe ,and respect for Karnataka Vidhana Soudha