Ratnagiri is the perfect destination for you. Here are the Best 15 places to visit in Ratnagiri that will make your trip memorable. The city is a coastal district in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, India. It is famous for its scenic beauty, historical forts, temples, beaches, and delicious mangoes. The city is also the birthplace of some prominent figures in Indian history, such as Lokmanya Tilak, Swatantryaveer Savarkar, and Kavi Keshavasut. Visit during Kolhapur To Ratnagiri One Day Trip By Cab
If you are looking for a relaxing and refreshing getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city, You can visit Ratnagiri One day Trip From Kolhapur by Private Cab
Ratnagiri is a district in the southwestern part of Maharashtra, India. It is bounded by the Arabian Sea on the west, the Sahyadri mountains on the east, and the districts of Sindhudurg, Kolhapur, and Sangli on the south, north, and northeast respectively. The city has a rich and diverse cultural heritage, as it was ruled by various dynasties such as the Mauryas, the Satavahanas, the Chalukyas, the Silaharas, the Yadavas, the Bahamanis, the Adilshahis, the Marathas, and the British.
The city is also known for its natural beauty, as it has a long coastline with many pristine beaches, rocky cliffs, and green hills. The city is also famous for its Alphonso mangoes, which are considered to be the best in the world.
Overview of Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri is a district that offers something for everyone. Whether you are a history buff, a nature lover, a spiritual seeker, or a foodie, you will find plenty of attractions to explore and enjoy in Ratnagiri. Some of the highlights of Ratnagiri are:
- Historical forts: Ratnagiri has many forts that showcase the glorious past of the region. Some of the most popular forts are Jaigad Fort, Ratnadurg Fort, and Thiba Palace. These forts offer stunning views of the sea and the surrounding landscape, as well as a glimpse into the history and culture of the region.
- Temples: Ratnagiri is a place of pilgrimage for many devotees, as it has many temples dedicated to various gods and goddesses. Some of the most famous temples are Shri Ganpatipule Temple, Patit Pawan Temple, and Kavi Keshavasut Smarak. These temples are not only places of worship, but also architectural marvels that reflect the art and craftsmanship of the region.
- Beaches: Ratnagiri has a long coastline with many beautiful beaches that offer a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Some of the best beaches are Ganpatipule Beach, Areware Beach, Mandi Beach, and Bhatye Beach. These beaches are ideal for swimming, sunbathing, boating, and enjoying the sunset.
- Museums: Ratnagiri has some interesting museums that showcase the flora, fauna, and culture of the region. Some of the notable museums are Marine Fish Museum, Prachin Kokan Museum, and Ratnagiri Lighthouse. These museums are informative and entertaining, and provide a unique insight into the life and history of the region.
How to Reach Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri is well-connected by road, rail, and air. The nearest airport is Dabolim Airport in Goa, which is about 220 km away. The nearest railway station is Ratnagiri Railway Station, which is about 6 km from the city center. Ratnagiri is also accessible by bus from Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, and other major cities in Maharashtra. The distance from Mumbai to Ratnagiri is about 330 km, and the journey takes about 7 hours by road.
Best Time to Visit Ratnagiri
The best time to visit Ratnagiri is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and the mango season is in full swing. The temperature ranges from 20°C to 32°C, and the humidity is low. This is the ideal time to enjoy the beaches, the forts, the temples, and the mangoes. The monsoon season, from June to September, is also a good time to visit Ratnagiri, as the rain enhances the beauty and freshness of the region.
However, some of the beaches and roads may be closed due to high tides and landslides. The summer season, from April to May, is the hottest and most humid time of the year, and the temperature can go up to 40°C. This is not a very comfortable time to visit Ratnagiri, unless you want to experience the heat and the crowds.
Best Things to Do Ratnagiri
The city is a place where you can do a lot of things, depending on your mood and preference. Some of the best things to do in Ratnagiri are:
- Visit the forts: The city has many forts that are worth visiting, as they offer a glimpse into the history and culture of the region. The most famous fort is Jaigad Fort, which is located at the mouth of the Shastri River, and overlooks the Arabian Sea. The fort was built by the Marathas in the 17th century, and has a lighthouse, a jetty, and a Ganesh temple.
- The fort also offers a panoramic view of the sea and the surrounding area. Another fort that is worth visiting is Ratnadurg Fort, which is located on a hill near the city. The fort was built by the Bahamanis in the 16th century, and was later captured by the Marathas. The fort has a shape of a horseshoe, and has three bastions, namely, Siddha, Parkot, and Padmagad. The fort also has a temple of Bhagwati Devi, and offers a splendid view of the sea and the city.
- The third fort that is worth visiting is Thiba Palace, which is located on a hill near the city. The palace was built by the British in the 20th century, and was used as a prison for the exiled king of Burma, Thibaw Min. The palace has a museum, a library, and a garden, and offers a view of the sea and the city.
- Visit the temples: The city has many temples that are worth visiting, as they offer a spiritual and cultural experience. The most famous temple is Shri Ganpatipule Temple, which is located on the Ganpatipule Beach. The temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesh, and is one of the eight Ashta Ganapati temples in India. The temple is believed to be self-originated, and has a swayambhu idol of Ganesh, which faces the west. The temple is visited by lakhs of devotees every year, especially during the festivals of Ganesh Chaturthi and Magh Chaturthi.
- Another temple that is worth visiting is Patit Pawan Temple, which is located in Ratnagiri city. The temple is dedicated to Lord Rama, and is the first temple in India that was built for the untouchables. The temple was built by Swatantryaveer Savarkar in 1931, and has a statue of Rama, Sita, and Lakshman, along with the idols of Savarkar and his brother. The temple is a symbol of social equality and justice, and is visited by people of all castes and religions.
- The third temple that is worth visiting is Kavi Keshavasut Smarak, which is located in Malgund village, near Ganpatipule. The temple is dedicated to Kavi Keshavasut, who is considered to be the father of modern Marathi poetry. The temple has a statue of Keshavasut, along with his poems and paintings. The temple also has a library, a museum, and a garden, and offers a serene and peaceful atmosphere.
- Visit the beaches: The city has many beaches that are worth visiting, as they offer a relaxing and refreshing experience. The most famous beach is Ganpatipule Beach, which is located near the Shri Ganpatipule Temple. The beach is one of the most beautiful and clean beaches in Maharashtra, and has white sand, clear water, and coconut trees. The beach is ideal for swimming, sunbathing, boating, and enjoying the sunset.
- Another beach that is worth visiting is Areware Beach, which is located near the Jaigad Fort. The beach is one of the most scenic and secluded beaches in Ratnagiri, and has black sand, blue water, and rocky cliffs. The beach is ideal for photography, birdwatching, and admiring the nature. The third beach that is worth visiting is Mandi Beach, which is located near the Ratnadurg Fort. The beach is one of the most lively and crowded beaches in Ratnagiri, and has golden sand, green water, and fishing boats. The beach is ideal for shopping, eating, and mingling with the locals.
Best Places To Visit in Ratnagiri
The city has many places to visit that will make your trip memorable. Here are the top 15 places to visit in Ratnagiri, along with their brief descriptions.
If you are looking for a scenic and historic fort on the coast of Maharashtra, you should definitely visit the Ratnadurg Fort in Ratnagiri. This fort, also known as the Bhagawati Fort or the Ratnagiri Fort, is a 16th-century fort that was built by the Bijapur Sultanate and later occupied by various rulers like the Maratha, the Mughal, the British, etc. The fort is located on a hill that overlooks the Arabian Sea and the Ratnagiri town. The fort is spread over an area of 120 acres and has a shape of a horseshoe. Ratnadurg Fort is known for its…
If you are interested in the royal and historical palaces of India and their stories, you should definitely visit the Thiba Palace in Ratnagiri. This palace, also known as the Thibaw Palace or the Thibaw Min Hall, is a 20th-century palace that was built by the British for the exiled king of Burma, Thibaw Min and his family. The palace is located on a hill, about 3 kilometers from the Ratnagiri city center and 2 kilometers from the Ratnadurg Fort. The palace is known for its elegant architecture, spacious rooms, beautiful gardens, and museum that display various artifacts and memorabilia…
If you are looking for a scenic and serene viewpoint of Ratnagiri and its surroundings, you should definitely visit the Thiba Point in Ratnagiri. This point, also known as the Thibaw Point or the Thibaw Min Point, is a hilltop that offers a panoramic view of the Ratnagiri town, the Arabian Sea, and the Ratnadurg Fort. The point is named after the exiled king of Burma, Thibaw Min, who used to visit this place to enjoy the view and the breeze. The point is located on a hill, about 4 kilometers from the Ratnagiri city center and 3 kilometers from…
If you are looking for a beautiful and clean beach of Ratnagiri and its surroundings, you should definitely visit the Bhatye Beach in Ratnagiri. This beach, also known as the Bhatyachi Khadi or the Bhatye Creek, is a long and wide beach that is located at the outskirts of the Ratnagiri town. The beach is known for its golden sand, clear water, coconut trees, and casuarina groves that offer a picturesque view and a relaxing atmosphere, famous tourist attraction in Ratnagiri. The beach is also known for its water sports, adventure activities, and historical significance. Here is everything you need…
If you are looking for a lively and vibrant beach of Ratnagiri and its surroundings, you should definitely visit the Mandavi Beach in Ratnagiri. This beach, also known as the Gateway of Ratnagiri or the Black Sea, is a popular and crowded beach that is located in the heart of the Ratnagiri town. The beach is known for its black sand, blue water, palm trees, and fishing boats that offer a colorful and lively view and a festive atmosphere. The beach is also known for its water sports, adventure activities, and cultural events. Here is everything you need to know…
Ratnagiri is a coastal town in Maharashtra, India, known for its scenic beaches, historical forts, and delicious mangoes. The Ratnagiri Marine Fish Museum is a hidden gem that offers a glimpse into the fascinating world of marine life. But did you know that Ratnagiri also has a marine fish museum that showcases some of the rarest and most beautiful aquatic creatures? If you are a nature lover or a curious traveler, you should not miss this amazing attraction when you visit Ratnagiri. Here is everything you need to know about the Ratnagiri Marine Fish Museum. Best Tourist Place In Ratnagiri.…
Best tour Package for Ratnagiri
Are you looking for a refreshing and relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of Pune? Do you want to explore the beauty and culture of the Konkan coast? If yes, then this 3D-2N Pune To Ratnagiri-Ganpatipule Tour Package by Cab is perfect for you. Ganpatipule One day trip From Kolhapur by cab 3D-2N Pune To Ratnagiri-Ganpatipule Tour Package will take you to the charming towns of Ratnagiri and Ganpatipule, which are famous for their scenic beaches, historical forts, and ancient temples. You will also get to enjoy the drive along the Arabian Sea coast and the Sahyadri Mountains, which…
Q: How many days are enough to visit Ratnagiri?
A: The city has many places to visit, and it depends on your interest and preference how many days you want to spend there. However, a minimum of 3 to 4 days are recommended to cover the major attractions of Ratnagiri.
Q: What are the best things to buy in Ratnagiri?
A: The city is known for its mangoes, and you can buy fresh or processed mangoes from various shops and markets. You can also buy other local products, such as kokum, cashew, jackfruit, and fish.
Q: What are the best things to eat in Ratnagiri?
A: The city has a variety of cuisines to offer, ranging from Konkani, Maharashtrian, Malvani, to Chinese, and Continental. Some of the best things to eat in Ratnagiri are fish curry, solkadhi, modak, ambapoli, ukdiche modak, and mango ice cream.
Q: What are the best places to stay in Ratnagiri?
A: The city has many options for accommodation, depending on your budget and preference. You can choose from hotels, resorts, homestays, cottages, and camps. Some of the best places to stay in Ratnagiri are Blue Ocean Resort and Spa, Hotel Sangam Regency, Mango Valley Resort, and Konkan Nest.
Ratnagiri is a district that has a lot to offer to its visitors, from historical forts, temples, beaches, museums, to mangoes. The city is a place where you can experience the beauty and diversity of the Konkan region, and enjoy a relaxing and refreshing vacation. The city is a place that you should not miss, if you are looking for a destination that is rich in culture, nature, and history. The city is a place that will make you fall in love with it, and will make you want to come back again and again.