Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, the supreme god of destruction and transformation. The temple is located in Dwarka, Gujarat, India, which is considered to be one of the holiest cities for Hindus and a part of the Char Dham pilgrimage circuit. The temple is a splendid example of ancient architecture and craftsmanship, built on a hillock in the Arabian Sea. The temple also has a rich history and legend associated with it, which adds to its charm and significance. Visit during Dwarka One day tour By Cab
Location of Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple
Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is situated about 2 km away from the main Dwarkadhish Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Krishna, the supreme god of love and compassion. The temple is surrounded by a serene and scenic environment, with the Gomti river flowing nearby. The temple can be easily reached by road, rail or air from different parts of India.
Timing/Entry Fees Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple
The temple is open for darshan from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm every day. The temple follows a strict schedule of rituals and ceremonies, which include various aartis, abhisheks, bhogs and shringars. The most important aarti is the Mangala Aarti, which takes place at 6:00 am, followed by Shringar Aarti at 10:30 am and Sandhya Aarti at 7:00 pm. The temple also celebrates various festivals throughout the year, such as Maha Shivaratri, Holi, Diwali and Rath Yatra.
The entry to the temple is free for all visitors, but they have to deposit their mobile phones, cameras, shoes and other belongings at the counters outside the temple. There are separate queues for men and women for security reasons. The devotees can also buy prasad, souvenirs, books and other items from the shops inside and outside the temple premises.
How to Reach Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple
There are various ways to reach Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple from different parts of India. Some of them are:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Jamnagar, which is connected by flights from Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad and other major cities. From Jamnagar, one can take a bus or a taxi to reach Dwarka in about 3 hours.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Dwarka, which is connected by trains from Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Rajkot and other major cities. From Dwarka, one can take a rickshaw or a taxi to reach the temple in about 10 minutes.
- By Road: Dwarka is well connected by road with Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Porbandar and other nearby cities and towns. There are regular buses and taxis available from these places to reach Dwarka. The distance from Ahmedabad to Dwarka is about 450 km and takes about 8 hours by road.
Things to Do/Must See Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple
There are many things to do and see in and around Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple that can make your visit more memorable and enjoyable. Some of them are:
- Darshan: The main attraction of the temple is the darshan of Lord Shiva in his majestic form as Bhadkeshwar Mahadev. The idol of Lord Shiva is made of black stone and has three eyes and four arms holding Trishul (trident), Damru (drum), Kamandalu (water pot) and Rudraksha (holy beads). The idol is placed in a sanctum that has beautiful carvings and sculptures of gods and goddesses on the exterior walls.
- Sea View: The temple offers a stunning view of the Arabian Sea, as it is built on a hillock in the sea itself. The temple gets submerged in the sea every year during monsoons, which devotees believe to be nature’s way of performing the religious process of Abhishekam. For the rest of the year, the temple is visited often for its divine vibe and the scenic beauty of the attraction.
- Gomti Ghat: Gomti Ghat is a series of steps leading to the Gomti river, which flows past the holy city of Dwarka. The ghat is a place of great religious and spiritual significance for Hindus, as it is believed that taking a dip in the river can wash away one’s sins and purify one’s soul. The ghat also offers a scenic view of the river and the sea, as well as various temples and shrines along its banks.
- Bet Dwarka: Bet Dwarka is an island in the Arabian Sea, about 30 km from Dwarka. It is believed to be the original residence of Lord Krishna and his family. It is also known as Shankhodhar, as it is said to be the place where Sudarshan Chakra was made. The island has many temples, such as Dwarkadhish Temple, Rukmini Temple, Hanuman Temple and Nageshwar Temple. One can reach Bet Dwarka by boat from Okha port.
Significance of Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple
Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is one of the most sacred and ancient temples in India, which has a great significance for Hindus. Some of the reasons for its importance are:
- It is one of the four Char Dham pilgrimage sites, which are considered to be the abodes of Lord Vishnu on earth. The other three are Badrinath, Rameswaram and Puri.
- It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas, which are the self-manifested forms of Lord Shiva that represent his infinite power and glory.
- It is associated with the life and legends of Lord Krishna, who is one of the most popular and revered incarnations of Lord Vishnu. The temple is believed to be the place where Krishna performed penance to please Lord Shiva and obtain his blessings.
- It is a symbol of faith and devotion for millions of devotees who come here to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and experience his grace and love.
Q: What is the best time to visit Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple?
A: The best time to visit Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and comfortable. The temple also celebrates many festivals during this period, such as Maha Shivaratri, Holi, Diwali and Rath Yatra.
Q: What are the dress code and rules for visiting Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple?
A: The dress code for visiting Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is modest and respectful. One should avoid wearing shorts, skirts, sleeveless tops or any revealing clothes. One should also remove shoes, socks, belts and any leather items before entering the temple. One should not carry any mobile phones, cameras or electronic gadgets inside the temple. One should also maintain silence and decorum inside the temple premises.
Q: How can I book online darshan or donation for Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple?
A: One can book online darshan or donation for Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple through the official website of the temple: www.bhadkeshwarmahadev.com. One can also contact the temple administration through phone or email for any queries or assistance.
Bhadkeshwar Mahadev Temple is a must-visit place for anyone who wants to experience the divine presence of Lord Shiva and his eternal abode. The temple is not only a place of worship but also a place of history, culture and art. The temple offers a glimpse into the glorious past of India and its rich spiritual heritage. The temple also inspires one to follow the teachings and values of Lord Shiva and live a life of righteousness, love and service