Birla Science Museum Hyderabad is a place where you can explore the wonders of science, technology, archaeology, art, and astronomy. It is a part of the B.M. Birla Science Centre, which was established in 1985 by the Birla Foundation. The museum consists of various sections, each offering a unique and interactive experience for the visitors. Whether you are a student, a teacher, a researcher, or a curious traveler, you will find something interesting and informative at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad. Visit during Hyderabad Local Sightseeing By Cab. Here are some details you need to know before visiting the museum:
Location of Birla Science Museum
Birla Science Museum Hyderabad is located on Hill Fort Road, near Birla Mandir and State Legislative Assembly. The museum is about 9 km from Hussain Sagar Lake and 11 km from Nampally railway station. The nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which is about 22 km away.
Timing/Entry Fees Birla Science Museum
The museum is open to visitors from 10:30 AM to 8:00 PM every day, except on Fridays. The entry fee for the museum is Rs. 150 per person. You can also opt for a combo ticket that includes the planetarium, the science museum, and the art gallery for Rs. 250 per person. Alternatively, you can choose a combo ticket that includes the planetarium, the science museum, the art gallery, and the dinosaurium for Rs. 325 per person.
How to Reach Birla Science Museum
There are various modes of transport available to reach Birla Science Museum Hyderabad from different parts of the city. You can take a bus, an auto-rickshaw, a taxi, or a metro to reach the museum. Some of the bus numbers that go to Birla Science Museum are 5K, 5S, 5, 80A, and 251M. You can also take a metro to Lakdi-ka-pul or Assembly stations and walk for about 10 minutes to reach the museum.
Alternatively, you can drive your own vehicle or rent a car or a bike to reach the museum. There is enough parking space available near the museum entrance.
Things to Do in Birla Science Museum
There are many things to do and see at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad. You can explore the various sections of the museum, which are:
- The B.M. Birla Planetarium, which is one of the most advanced planetariums in India and has a dome-shaped screen that shows various shows on astronomy and space science.
- The B.M. Birla Science Museum, which has exhibits on various topics such as physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, electronics, robotics, artificial intelligence, energy, environment, etc.
- The B.M. Birla Art Gallery, which has paintings and sculptures by various artists from India and abroad.
- The Dinosaurium, which has fossils and models of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals.
- The Antarctica Diorama, which has a replica of an Antarctic research station and displays information on polar exploration and climate change.
- The Nobel Gallery, which has portraits and biographies of Nobel laureates from India and other countries.
- The NRSA Gallery, which has satellite images and models of remote sensing applications.
- The Dvaraka Diorama, which has a model of the ancient city of Dvaraka that was submerged under water.
- The IEEE Gallery, which has exhibits on electrical engineering and its applications.
You can also enjoy the 3D Universe show at the museum, which is a virtual reality experience that takes you on a journey through space and time.
Must See near Birla Science Museum
Some of the must-see attractions at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad are:
- The Kotasaurus Fossil, which is one of the oldest dinosaur fossils in India and dates back to about 160 million years ago.
- The Koh-i-Noor Diamond Replica, which is a replica of the famous diamond that was once part of the Qutb Shahi treasury and was later taken by the Mughals and the British.
- The Magic Ball Exhibit, which is an interactive exhibit that shows how a ball can defy gravity and move in different directions.
- The Lift Yourself Up Exhibit, which is an exhibit that shows how you can lift yourself up using pulleys and ropes.
Significance of Birla Science Museum
Birla Science Museum Hyderabad is a significant educational and recreational site in Hyderabad. It was established by Birla Foundation in 1990 with an aim to promote scientific awareness and curiosity among the public. The museum is also a center for research and innovation in various fields of science and technology. The museum has several national and international collaborations with various institutions and organizations.
The museum is also a place of cultural and artistic expression, as it showcases the works of various artists and Nobel laureates. The museum also organizes various events and activities such as workshops, seminars, competitions, festivals, etc. for the benefit of the visitors.
How much time does it take to visit Birla Science Museum Hyderabad?
It takes about 2 to 3 hours to visit Birla Science Museum Hyderabad, depending on your interest and pace. You can also spend more time if you want to watch the planetarium show or the 3D Universe show.
Is there any guide service available at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad?
Yes, there are guides available at the museum entrance who charge Rs. 300 to Rs. 500 for a guided tour of the museum. You can also use audio guides, which are available in English, Hindi, Telugu, and Urdu languages for Rs. 60 per person.
Is there any food or water facility available at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad?
Yes, there are food stalls and water coolers available at the museum premises. You can also find restaurants and cafes near the museum entrance.
Is photography allowed at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad?
Yes, photography is allowed at Birla Science Museum Hyderabad. However, you have to pay an extra fee of Rs. 25 for a still camera and Rs. 130 for a video camera.
Birla Science Museum Hyderabad is a place where you can learn and have fun at the same time. It is a place where you can discover the wonders of science, technology, archaeology, art, and astronomy. It is also a place where you can appreciate the achievements and contributions of various scientists, artists, and Nobel laureates. Birla Science Museum Hyderabad is a place that will inspire you and enrich you.