Charminar Hyderabad is a monument that stands as a testimony of the glorious past and the rich culture of Hyderabad. It is a four-sided archway with four minarets that rise to a height of 56 meters. It is one of the most recognizable landmarks of Hyderabad and a popular tourist attraction. The attraction of Hyaderabad. was built in 1591 by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, the fifth ruler of the Qutb Shahi dynasty, who founded the city of Hyderabad. attraction of Hyderabad has a mosque on its top floor and a market around it. Famous tourist attraction in Hyderabad, Visit during Hyderabad Local Sightseeing by cab
It is also a place of religious and cultural significance, as it hosts various festivals and events throughout the year. Here are some details you need to know before visiting The attraction of Hydreabad:
Location of Charminar
Charminar Hyderabad is located in the heart of the old city of Hyderabad, near the banks of the Musi River. It is surrounded by busy streets and bazaars that sell various items such as pearls, jewelry, bangles, clothes, spices, etc. The nearest metro station is Charminar metro station, which is about 1 km away. The nearest railway station is Nampally railway station, which is about 4 km away. The nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which is about 20 km away.
Timing/Entry Fees Charminar
Charminar Hyderabad is open to visitors from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM every day, except on Fridays. The entry fee for Indians is Rs. 5 per person, and for foreigners is Rs. 100 per person. There is an additional fee of Rs. 25 for a still camera and Rs. 130 for a video camera.
How to Reach Charminar
There are various modes of transport available to reach Charminar Hyderabad from different parts of the city. You can take a bus, an auto-rickshaw, a taxi, or a metro to reach Charminar. Some of the bus numbers that go to attraction of Hyderabad are 8A, 8C, 8M, 8R, and 8U. You can also take a metro to Charminar metro station and walk for about 10 minutes to reach Charminar.
Alternatively, you can drive your own vehicle or rent a car or a bike to reach attraction of Hyderabad. There is enough parking space available near The attraction Hyderabad.
Things to Do in Charminar
There are many things to do and see at The attraction of Hyderabad. You can:
- Admire the architecture of attraction of Hyderabad, which reflects the Indo-Islamic style with Persian influences. You can also see the carvings and inscriptions on the walls and minarets of Charminar.
- Climb up the 149 steps to reach the top floor of Charminar, where you can see the mosque and enjoy a panoramic view of the city and the Hussain Sagar Lake.
- Visit the nearby Mecca Masjid, which is one of the oldest and largest mosques in India. It was built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah with bricks brought from Mecca.
- Shop at the Laad Bazaar or Choodi Bazaar, which is famous for its colorful bangles and other accessories. You can also find pearls, jewelry, clothes, spices, antiques, etc. at this market.
- Taste the local cuisine at the various eateries around attraction of Hyderabad. You can try the Hyderabadi biryani, haleem, kebabs, qubani ka meetha, irani chai, etc.
Must See near Charminar
Some of the must-see attractions near The attraction of Hyderabad are:
- The Chowmahalla Palace, which was the residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad and showcases their royal splendor and elegance.
- The Salar Jung Museum, which is one of the largest museums in India and houses a collection of art and antiques from various countries and cultures.
- The Nizam’s Museum, which displays the personal belongings and gifts received by the last Nizam of Hyderabad.
- The Qutb Shahi Tombs, which are the mausoleums of the Qutb Shahi rulers and their family members.
Significance of Charminar
The attraction of Hyderabad is a significant historical and cultural site in Hyderabad. It was built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah to mark the founding of Hyderabad and to commemorate the end of a plague that had afflicted his people. It is also said that he built it in honor of his beloved wife, Bhagmati, whom he later named the city after.
The attraction of Hyderabad is also a symbol of the religious and cultural diversity of Hyderabad, as it is located near a mosque, a temple, and a church. It is also a place of celebration, as it hosts various festivals and events such as Eid-ul-Fitr, Eid-ul-Adha, Bonalu, Ramzan, etc.
How much time does it take to visit Charminar Hyderabad?
It takes about 1 to 2 hours to visit The attraction of Hyderabad, depending on your interest and pace. You can also spend more time if you want to shop at the nearby markets or visit the nearby attractions.
Is there any guide service available at Charminar Hyderabad?
Yes, there are guides available at The attraction of entrance who charge Rs. 300 to Rs. 500 for a guided tour of Charminar. You can also use audio guides, which are available in English, Hindi, Telugu, and Urdu languages for Rs. 60 per person.
Is there any food or water facility available at Charminar Hyderabad?
Yes, there are food stalls and water coolers available at Charminar premises. You can also find restaurants and cafes near Charminar entrance.
Is photography allowed at Charminar Hyderabad?
Yes, photography is allowed at The attraction of Hyderabad. However, you have to pay an extra fee of Rs. 25 for a still camera and Rs. 130 for a video camera.
Charminar Hyderabad is a place where you can experience the history and culture of Hyderabad in a captivating way. It is a place where you can admire the beauty and grandeur of a monument that has stood the test of time and witnessed the rise and fall of dynasties. It is also a place where you can enjoy the vibrancy and diversity of a city that has been known as the City of Pearls, the City of Nizams, and the City of Nawabs. Charminar Hyderabad is a place that will leave you mesmerized and enchanted.