If you are looking for a place to visit that offers a stunning view of nature, waterfalls, and mountains, then you might want to check out the Camel Valley Igatpuri. Camel Valley is a deep valley that is located near the Bhatsa River Valley and is named after the rocky cliff that resembles the head of a camel. Camel Valley is one of The famous tourist attraction In Igatpuri. and Visit during Mumbai to Igatpuri One day trip by cab. In this article, we will give you an overview of the Camel Valley Igatpuri, its location, timing, things to do, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Overview of Camel Valley
The Camel Valley Igatpuri is a hidden gem that lies on the Mumbai-Agra National Highway near Igatpuri. It is one of the most beautiful viewpoints in Igatpuri and offers a panoramic view of the valley and its surroundings. The valley is covered with lush greenery and mist during the monsoon season and comes alive with many waterfalls that cascade down from a height of about 1000 feet. The valley is also a popular spot for trekking, rappelling, and photography enthusiasts who can enjoy the scenic route and the adventurous activities.
The Camel Valley Igatpuri was discovered by accident by some tourists who were looking for a place to stop and relax on their way to Nashik. They were amazed by the beauty and tranquility of the valley and decided to spread the word about it. Since then, the valley has become a well-known attraction among nature lovers and travelers who visit Igatpuri.
Location of Camel Valley
The Camel Valley Igatpuri is located near the Bhatsa River Valley, which is about 4 km away from the Igatpuri Railway Station. It can be reached by a 10-minute drive or a 30-minute walk from the station. It can also be easily accessed by road from Mumbai and Nashik, which are about 120 km and 50 km away respectively.
Timing of Camel Valley
The Camel Valley Igatpuri is open to visitors throughout the year from 6 am to 6 pm. However, it is advisable to visit during the daytime when the valley looks more vibrant and photogenic. The best time to visit is during the monsoon season (June to September) when the surroundings are lush and green and the weather is pleasant.
Things to Do Camel Valley
There are many things to do near the Camel Valley Igatpuri that can make your trip more enjoyable and memorable. Some of them are:
- Enjoy the view of the valley and the waterfalls: This is the main attraction of the valley and a must-do for anyone who visits it. The view of the valley and the waterfalls from the viewpoint is breathtaking and soothing. You can also hear the sound of the water gushing down and feel the spray of mist on your face. You can also take some amazing pictures of the valley and capture its beauty.
- Trek to the Tringalwadi Fort: This is an ancient fort that lies behind the Ghatandevi Temple, which is about 8 km away from the valley. The fort is situated at an altitude of 3000 ft above sea level and offers a panoramic view of the Konkan and Nashik regions. The fort is also a popular spot for trekking enthusiasts who can enjoy the scenic route through the woods.
- Rappel at the Vihigaon Waterfall: This is a spectacular waterfall that is located about 12 km away from the valley. The waterfall has a height of 120 ft and is ideal for rappelling activities. The waterfall also has a pool at its base where visitors can take a dip or relax. The hike to the waterfall through the forest is also an adventure in itself.
- Climb the Kalsubai Peak: This is the highest peak of the Sahyadri Ranges and is also known as the Everest of Maharashtra. It has an elevation of 5400 ft and is about 19 km away from the valley. The peak offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape and is also a challenge for trekkers who can reach it via various routes.
- Visit the Dhamma Giri Math and Vipassana Meditation Centre: This is one of the largest and most renowned meditation centres in the world and is located near the Myanmar Gate, which is about 1 km away from the valley. The centre offers 10-day residential courses for beginners as well as advanced courses for experienced meditators. The courses are free of charge but require prior registration. The centre also has a museum, a library, a pagoda, and a cafeteria that are open to visitors.
Significance of Camel Valley
The Camel Valley Igatpuri is not just a scenic spot but also a significant one. It represents the natural beauty and diversity of the Sahyadri Ranges, which are part of the Western Ghats, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The valley is also home to various flora and fauna that add to its charm and richness. The valley is also a source of inspiration and rejuvenation for many visitors who come here to enjoy nature and escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Is there an entry fee for visiting the valley?
No, there is no entry fee for visiting the valley. However, if you want to participate in any activities such as trekking or rappelling, you may have to pay some charges to the organizers or guides.
How long does it take to visit the valley?
It depends on your interest and preference, but generally, it takes about 2 hours to visit the valley and enjoy its view. You can also spend some more time exploring the nearby attractions or indulging in some activities.
What are the facilities available near the valley?
There are some basic facilities available near the valley, such as parking, toilets, drinking water, and snacks. However, if you are looking for more options, you can head to the town of Igatpuri, which has many hotels, restaurants, shops, and other amenities.
What are the best ways to reach the valley?
The best way to reach the valley is by train, as Igatpuri is well-connected by rail to Mumbai and Nashik. You can also take a bus or a taxi from these cities or drive your own vehicle. The valley is about 4 km away from the railway station and can be reached by a short drive or a walk.
The Camel Valley Igatpuri is a scenic spot that offers a splendid view of nature, waterfalls, and mountains. It is also a place that offers various activities such as trekking, rappelling, and meditation that can enhance your experience and enjoyment. The valley is also a place that showcases the natural beauty and diversity of the Sahyadri Ranges and the Western Ghats. If you are looking for a place to visit that can refresh your mind, body, and soul, then you should definitely consider visiting the Camel Valley Igatpuri.