Lingmala Waterfall is a stunning waterfall that is located on the Mahabaleshwar-Pune Road, about 6 km from Mahabaleshwar. The waterfall is formed by the Venna River and falls from a height of about 500 feet. The waterfall is surrounded by lush green forests and hills and offers a serene and scenic view. Visit during Mahabaleshwar Local sightseeing by cab
Lingmala Waterfall Location/ Timing and Entry Fees
The waterfall is located near the forest bungalow of Lingmala, which can be reached by road from Mahabaleshwar or Pune. The nearest railway station is Satara (60 km) and the nearest airport is Pune (120 km).
The waterfall is open for visitors from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm every day. The entry fee for visiting the waterfall is Rs. 20 per person and Rs. 10 for still camera.
How to Reach Lingmala Waterfall
There are various modes of transport available to reach Lingmala Waterfall from different parts of Maharashtra and India. Some of the options are:
- By Bus: There are regular state-run and private buses that connect Mahabaleshwar with Pune, Mumbai and other nearby cities. The bus fare ranges from Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 depending on the type of bus and the distance.
- By Car: One can also drive to Mahabaleshwar by car via NH 48 or NH 66. The road journey takes about 3 to 4 hours from Pune and about 5 to 6 hours from Mumbai. The toll charges are around Rs. 200 to Rs. 300 for a round trip.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Mahabaleshwar is Satara, which is well-connected with major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi. From Satara, one can take a bus or a taxi to Mahabaleshwar, which takes about an hour and costs around Rs. 100 to Rs. 200.
- By Air: The nearest airport to Mahabaleshwar is Pune, which has domestic flights from various cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata. From Pune airport, one can take a bus or a taxi to Mahabaleshwar, which takes about 2 to 3 hours and costs around Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000.
Things to Do/Must See Lingmala Waterfall
Lingmala Waterfall is not only a place of natural beauty but also a place of fun and adventure. There are many things to do and see in and around the waterfall complex, such as:
- Enjoying the view of the waterfall from the viewpoint. The viewpoint offers a panoramic view of the waterfall that changes its colors according to the seasons and the time of the day.
- Swimming and splashing in the mini waterfall. The mini waterfall is safe and suitable for swimming and playing in the water. However, one should avoid swimming in the main waterfall as it can be dangerous.
- Trekking to the main waterfall from the mini waterfall. One has to trek for about 30 minutes to reach the main waterfall from the mini waterfall. The trek is steep and rocky but rewarding with scenic views along the way.
- Photography: Capturing some amazing photos of the waterfall and its surroundings. The waterfall offers a perfect backdrop for photography enthusiasts.
- Visiting nearby attractions such as:
- Mapro Garden: A garden that showcases various products made from strawberries and other fruits grown in Mahabaleshwar.
- Pratapgad Fort: A historical fort where Shivaji defeated Afzal Khan in a famous battle.
- Venna Lake: A scenic lake that offers boating and horse riding facilities.
Significance of Lingmala Waterfall
Lingmala Waterfall is one of the most popular and visited tourist attractions of Mahabaleshwar, a hill station in Maharashtra. The waterfall has a natural significance as it is formed by the Venna River, one of the major rivers of Maharashtra. The waterfall also has a cultural significance as it attracts visitors throughout the year, especially during festivals like Holi and Ganesh Chaturthi.
The waterfall is a place of relaxation and enjoyment for tourists and locals alike. The waterfall provides a refreshing and soothing experience to visitors
Q: How far is Lingmala Waterfall from Mahabaleshwar market?
A: Lingmala Waterfall is about 6 km from Mahabaleshwar market. It takes about 15 minutes by car or 30 minutes by bus to reach the waterfall.
Q: What are the timings of Lingmala Waterfall?
A: Lingmala Waterfall is open for visitors from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm every day.
Q: Is there any entry fee for Lingmala Waterfall?
A: The entry fee for visiting Lingmala Waterfall is Rs. 20 per person and Rs. 10 for still camera.
Q: What are the things to do at Lingmala Waterfall?
A: There are many things to do at Lingmala Waterfall, such as:
Enjoying the view of the waterfall from the viewpoint.
Swimming and splashing in the mini waterfall.
Trekking to the main waterfall from the mini waterfall.
Visiting nearby attractions such as Mapro Garden, Pratapgad Fort and Venna Lake.
Q: What is the best time to visit Lingmala Waterfall?
A: The best time to visit Lingmala Waterfall is during the monsoon season i.e., from July to October when the water level rises and the surroundings become more green and beautiful. However, one can visit Lingmala Waterfall throughout the year as it has a pleasant climate.
Lingmala Waterfall is a must-visit destination for anyone who wants to experience the beauty and charm of Mahabaleshwar. The waterfall is a perfect place for relaxation, recreation and adventure that will leave you mesmerized. Whether you are a nature lover, a history buff or a thrill seeker, you will find something to enjoy at this splendid waterfall.