Saputara Table Point is a hilltop viewpoint situated in the Saputara hill station, which is the only hill station in Gujarat, India. The viewpoint is a popular tourist attraction and a picnic spot in Saputara, which is known for its tribal culture and natural beauty. The viewpoint offers panoramic views of the surrounding valleys, mountains, and forests, which make it a breathtaking place to admire and explore. The viewpoint also offers various activities such as horse riding, camel riding, paragliding and more. The viewpoint has some historical and mythological significance, as it is believed that Lord Rama spent 11 years of his exile here. Visit during One Day Surat to Saputara Trip By Private Cab
Location of Saputara Table Point
Saputara Table Point is located at the top of the Saputara hill station, which is about 170 km from Surat and 250 km from Ahmedabad. The viewpoint is easily accessible by road, rail or air from different parts of India.
Timing/Entry Fees Saputara Table Point
The viewpoint is open for visitors from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm every day. The viewpoint does not have any entry fees or charges for visitors, but they have to pay for the activities they want to do at the viewpoint. The charges for horse riding are Rs. 100 for 15 minutes, for camel riding are Rs. 50 for 15 minutes, and for paragliding are Rs. 1500 for 10 minutes.
How to Reach Saputara Table Point
There are various ways to reach Saputara Table Point from different parts of India. Some of them are:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Surat, which is connected by flights from Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad and other major cities. From Surat, one can take a bus or a taxi to reach Saputara in about 4 hours.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Waghai, which is about 50 km from Saputara. Waghai is connected by trains from Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara and other major cities. From Waghai, one can take a bus or a taxi to reach Saputara in about an hour.
- By Road: Saputara is well connected by road with Surat, Ahmedabad, Vadodara and other nearby cities and towns. There are regular buses and taxis available from these places to reach Saputara. The road journey from Surat to Saputara takes about 4 hours and from Ahmedabad to Saputara takes about 5 hours.
Things to Do/Must See Saputara Table Point
There are many things to do and see in and around Saputara Table Point that can make your visit more memorable and enjoyable. Some of them are:
- Viewpoint: The main attraction of the viewpoint is the stunning view of the valleys, mountains, and forests that surround the Saputara hill station. The viewpoint offers a bird’s eye view of the natural beauty and diversity of the region. The viewpoint also has some benches and gardens where the visitors can sit and relax.
- Ropeway: The ropeway is one of the major attractions in Saputara that connects the Table Point with the Sunset Point. The ropeway is a cable car that takes the visitors across the valley in about 10 minutes. The ropeway offers a thrilling and scenic experience for the visitors as they can see the landscape from a different perspective. The ropeway charge is Rs. 77 per person for a round trip.
- Horse Riding: Horse riding is one of the popular activities at the viewpoint that allows the visitors to enjoy the view and the breeze on a horseback. There are horses available at the viewpoint that can be rented for 15 minutes or more. The horse riding charge is Rs. 100 per person for 15 minutes.
- Camel Riding: Camel riding is another activity that can be done at the viewpoint that gives a fun and adventurous experience for the visitors. There are camels available at the viewpoint that can be rented for 15 minutes or more. The camel riding charge is Rs. 50 per person for 15 minutes.
- Paragliding: Paragliding is also an activity that can be done at the viewpoint that gives an exhilarating and exhilarating experience for the visitors. There are paragliders available at the viewpoint that can be booked for 10 minutes or more. The paragliding charge is Rs. 1500 per person for 10 minutes.
Significance of Saputara Table Point
Saputara Table Point is one of the most breathtaking and adventurous spots in Saputara, which has a great significance for tourists and locals alike. Some of the reasons for its importance are:
- It is one of the main attractions of Saputara hill station, which is the only hill station in Gujarat and a popular tourist destination.
- It is a place of historical and mythological importance, as it is believed that Lord Rama spent 11 years of his exile here. The name Saputara literally means ‘Abode of Serpents’.
- It is a place of natural beauty and diversity, as it offers panoramic views of the valleys, mountains, and forests that surround the Saputara hill station.
- It is a place of recreation and entertainment, as it offers various activities such as horse riding, camel riding, paragliding and more for the visitors.
Q: What is the best time to visit Saputara Table Point?
A: The best time to visit Saputara Table Point is from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and comfortable. The viewpoint also looks more beautiful during the monsoon season, when the greenery increases and the clouds create a magical effect.
Q: What are the dress code and rules for visiting Saputara Table Point?
A: The dress code for visiting Saputara Table Point is casual and comfortable. One should avoid wearing shorts, skirts, sleeveless tops or any revealing clothes. One should also wear proper shoes and socks for walking and riding. One should not litter or pollute the viewpoint or the surroundings. One should also follow the instructions of the staff and the guides at the viewpoint.
Saputara Table Point is a must-visit place for anyone who wants to experience the breathtaking and adventurous beauty of Saputara hill station. The viewpoint is not only a place of natural beauty but also a place of historical and mythological significance. The viewpoint also offers various activities such as horse riding, camel riding, paragliding and more for the visitors. The viewpoint is a perfect place to admire and explore with family and friends.