If you are looking for a place to enjoy the serene and scenic beauty of nature, then Ulsoor Lake in Bangalore is a perfect destination for you. Ulsoor Lake is a serene and scenic lake that was built by Kempe Gowda II, the founder of Bangalore, in the 16th century. The lake is spread over an area of 125 acres and has several islands and a park around it.
The lake is also a popular picnic spot and a recreational center that offers a variety of activities and attractions for the visitors in Bangalore, visit during Bangalore Local sightseeing. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Ulsoor Lake, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Location of Ulsoor Lake
Ulsoor Lake is located in the east of Bangalore city, in Karnataka state. It is situated about 6 km from the Bangalore Railway Station and 40 km from the Kempegowda International Airport. The lake is surrounded by other attractions such as Someshwara Temple, Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Halasuru Metro Station, etc.
Timing/Entry Fees Ulsoor Lake
The lake is open to visitors throughout the year, from 6 am to 8 pm. There is no entry fee for visiting the lake. However, you may have to pay a nominal fee for some activities or attractions at the lake such as boating (Rs. 60 for Indians and Rs. 300 for foreigners), swimming (Rs. 10 for Indians and Rs. 50 for foreigners), etc.
How to Reach Ulsoor Lake
The easiest way to reach Ulsoor Lake is by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Bangalore city or airport to reach the lake. You can also take a metro train to Halasuru Metro Station and then walk or take a rickshaw to reach the lake.
Things to Do/Must See Ulsoor Lake
There are many things to do and see at Ulsoor Lake. Some of them are:
- Enjoy the lake view and activities. The main attraction of the lake is the lake view and activities that are available at the lake. You can enjoy boating on the lake with different types of boats such as pedal boats, row boats, motor boats, etc. You can also enjoy swimming on the lake with some safety measures and lifeguards. You can also enjoy fishing on the lake with some fishing rods and baits that are available at the lake.
- Visit the islands and park. The lake also has several islands and a park around it that add charm and freshness to the place. You can visit some of the islands such as Subhash Chandra Bose Island, Nehru Island, etc. that have some statues and monuments of famous personalities. You can also visit the park that has some greenery and benches where you can relax and rejuvenate yourself.
- Explore the temples and gurudwara nearby. You can also explore some temples and gurudwara near the lake that are worth seeing. Some of them are Someshwara Temple (a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva), Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha (a Sikh place of worship), Halasuru Someshwara Temple (another temple dedicated to Lord Shiva), etc.
- Experience the events and activities. The lake also hosts some events and activities throughout the year that are enjoyable and educational for the visitors. Some of them are flower shows, book fairs, music concerts, yoga classes, photography workshops, etc.
Significance of Ulsoor Lake
Ulsoor Lake is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of environmental and social importance for Bangalore and India. The lake has many benefits and blessings for those who visit it with respect and admiration. Some of them are:
- The lake preserves and enhances the beauty and ecology of Bangalore city.
- The lake provides a natural habitat for flora and fauna in the urban area.
- The lake educates and inspires the public about the importance and value of nature and environment.
- The lake provides a recreational and relaxing space for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Q: How much time does it take to explore the lake?
A: It takes about 2 to 3 hours to explore the lake thoroughly.
Q: Is there any accommodation facility near the lake?
A: Yes, there are some hotels and lodges near the lake where you can stay overnight.
Q: Is there any food or water facility at the lake?
A: Yes, there are some canteens and stalls at the lake where you can buy snacks and water. However, it is advisable to carry your own food and water as well.
Ulsoor Lake is a must-visit place for anyone who loves nature ,beauty ,culture ,and fun . It is a place where you can enjoy ,the lake view ,and activities ,such as boating ,swimming ,fishing ,visit ,the islands ,and park ,that surround ,the ,lake ,explore ,the temples ,and gurudwara ,nearby ,that showcase ,the art ,and culture ,of Karnataka ,experience events ,and activities ,that are enjoyable ,and educational for visitors . It is a place that will leave you with happiness ,and satisfaction in your mind .