Varsoli Beach is a lovely beach town on the coast of the Arabian Sea, in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. It is located 3 km from Alibaug and 108 km from Mumbai. Varsoli Beach is famous for its white sand, clear water, and tranquil ambiance. The beach is also a naval base, but tourists can enjoy the beach without any disturbance. Varsoli Beach is an ideal place to enjoy a relaxing getaway with your family and friends. Visit during Alibag One day tour By cab
Varsoli Beach Location: Timing and Entry Fees
The Beach is situated in Varsoli Village, Alibaug, Maharashtra 402201. It is easily accessible by road from Mumbai and Pune. You can also take a ferry from Gateway of India to Mandwa Jetty, and then a bus or a taxi to Varsoli Beach. The beach is open 24 hours a day and there is no entry fee for visitors. However, you may have to pay for parking your vehicle near the beach.
How to Reach Varsoli Beach
There are different ways to reach The Beach from Mumbai and Pune. Here are some of the options:
- By Road: You can drive to The Beach via Mumbai-Goa Highway (NH 66) or Mumbai-Pune Expressway (NH 48). The distance from Mumbai is about 108 km and it takes around 3 hours to reach. The distance from Pune is about 140 km and it takes around 4 hours to reach.
- By Ferry: You can take a ferry from Gateway of India to Mandwa Jetty, which takes about an hour. From Mandwa Jetty, you can take a bus or a taxi to The Beach, which takes another hour.
- By Train: You can take a train from Mumbai or Pune to Pen Railway Station, which is the nearest railway station to The Beach. From Pen Railway Station, you can take a bus or a taxi to The Beach, which takes about an hour.
Things To Do / Must See Varsoli Beach
Varsoli Beach offers a variety of things to do and see for visitors of all ages and interests. Some of the activities and attractions that you can enjoy at Varsoli Beach are:
- Water Sports: The Beach is famous for its water sport activities such as jet skiing, banana boat ride, bumper ride, kayaking, parasailing, etc. You can have fun and thrill on the waves with these adventurous sports at reasonable prices.
- Beach Walk: You can take a leisurely walk along the sandy beach and enjoy the scenic views of the sea and the sky. You can also collect shells, pebbles, and starfish on the beach.
- Sunset View: You can witness a spectacular sunset at The Beach and capture some memorable photos. The golden hues of the sun reflecting on the water create a magical sight that you will cherish forever.
- Coconut Water: You can refresh yourself with some fresh coconut water at The Beach. There are many stalls and vendors selling coconut water near the beach. Coconut water is good for your health and hydration.
- Seafood: You can relish some delicious seafood at The Beach. There are many restaurants and shacks near the beach that serve fresh and tasty seafood dishes such as fish fry, prawns curry, crab masala, etc.
Significance of Varsoli Beach
Varsoli Beach is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of strategic and cultural significance. Some of the facts that make Varsoli Beach important are:
- The Beach is one of the few beaches in Maharashtra that has been declared as an eco-sensitive zone by the government. The beach is home to many endangered species of plants and animals such as sandalwood trees, hornbills, plovers, etc.
- The Beach is also a naval base that serves as a training center for marine commandos. The beach has many facilities such as helipads, radar stations, communication towers, etc.
- Varsoli Beach is home to many temples and shrines dedicated to various Hindu deities such as Shiva
Q: What is the best time to visit Varsoli Beach?
A: The best time to visit The Beach is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm. You can also visit Varsoli Beach during the monsoon season from June to September when the beach is less crowded and the greenery is lush.
Q: What are the safety measures at Varsoli Beach?
A: Varsoli Beach is generally safe for visitors as there are lifeguards on duty and water sport operators who follow safety guidelines. However, you should always be careful while swimming or indulging in water sports as the sea can be unpredictable. You should also avoid going to the beach at night or alone.
Q: What are the nearby attractions at Varsoli Beach?
A: There are many nearby attractions that you can explore at Varsoli Beach such as:
Alibaug Beach: This beach is located about 2.7 km from Varsoli Beach and is one of the most popular beaches in Alibaug. It is famous for its black sand, water sport activities, and fort view.
Kolaba Fort: This fort is located about 3.3 km from Varsoli Beach and can be seen from a distance. It was built by Shivaji Maharaj in the 17th century as a naval base. It is a historical and architectural marvel that attracts many visitors.
Versoli Beach: This beach is located about 900 meters from Varsoli Beach and is one of the quietest and serene beaches in Alibaug. It is famous for its cleanliness, water sport activities, and serene atmosphere.
Varsoli Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Maharashtra that offers a perfect blend of nature, adventure, culture, and relaxation. It is an ideal destination for anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy some quality time with their loved ones. Whether you want to soak in the sun, play in the water, taste some seafood, or visit some forts, Varsoli Beach has something for everyone.