Bandra-Worli Sea Link, officially known as Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link, is a 5.6 km long, 8-lane wide bridge that connects Bandra in the Western Suburbs of Mumbai with Worli in Central Mumbai. It is the longest sea bridge, as well as the 4th longest bridge in India after Bhupen Hazarika Setu, Dibang River Bridge and Mahatma Gandhi Setu, famous place in Mumbai. It is a cable-stayed bridge with pre-stressed concrete-steel viaducts on either side. It was planned as a part of the proposed Western Freeway that would link the Western Suburbs to Nariman Point in Mumbai’s main business district, but is now planned to become part of the Coastal Road to Kandivali. Visit during Mumbai One day tour.
Distance From City Center Location of Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Bandra-Worli Sea Link is located about 12 km from the city center of Mumbai. The nearest railway station is Bandra, which is connected to major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Delhi. The nearest airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, which is about 10 km away.
Timing/Entry Fees Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Bandra-Worli Sea Link is open 24 hours a day and there is a toll fee for crossing the bridge, which varies from Rs. 85 to Rs. 145 depending on the type of vehicle.
How to reach Bandra-Worli Sea Link
There are various modes of transport available to reach Bandra-Worli Sea Link. One can take a bus, taxi, auto-rickshaw, or car from the railway station or the airport. The most convenient and popular way is to take a cab or a bus that goes via Bandra Reclamation or Worli Sea Face to the bridge.
Things to Do / Must See Bandra-Worli Sea Link
There are many things to do and see at Bandra-Worli Sea Link and its surroundings. Some of them are:
- Darshan of Bandra-Worli Sea Link: The main attraction of the bridge is the darshan of the majestic structure and the panoramic view of the Arabian Sea and the skyline of Mumbai. The bridge also has various features such as LED lighting, CCTV cameras, emergency call boxes, etc. that make it safe and efficient. The bridge is especially beautiful at night when it is illuminated with colorful lights.
- Sunset View: The bridge offers a spectacular view of the sunset over the Arabian Sea and the skyline of Mumbai. The bridge is a popular spot for photographers and nature lovers to capture the changing colors of the sky and the water.
- Bandra Fort: This is a fort located near the bridge that was built by the Portuguese in 1640 as a watchtower and a defense post. The fort offers a scenic view of the bridge and the sea. The fort also hosts various cultural events such as music concerts, art festivals, etc.
- Worli Fort: This is another fort located near the bridge that was built by the British in 1675 as a lookout point for enemy ships. The fort offers a historic view of the bridge and the sea. The fort also has a lighthouse that guides ships at night.
- Bandra-Kurla Complex: This is a commercial complex located near the bridge that houses various offices, hotels, malls, restaurants, etc. The complex is one of the most developed and modern areas of Mumbai and is known for its architecture and infrastructure.
Significance of Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Bandra-Worli Sea Link has a great significance for the history and culture of Mumbai. It is one of the most iconic and landmark structures of Mumbai that has witnessed many events and changes over time. It is also one of the most innovative and ambitious projects of Mumbai that reflects its spirit and vision.
Bandra-Worli Sea Link also has significance for its location and environment. It is situated at one of the strategic locations of Mumbai that connects two important parts of the city. It also provides a faster and smoother alternative to the congested Mahim Causeway and reduces travel time between Bandra and Worli from 20-30 minutes to 10 minutes.
Q: What are the timings for Visit?
A: The timings for Visit are 24 hours a day.
Q: What are the entry fees?
A: There is a toll fee for crossing the bridge, which varies from Rs. 85 to Rs. 145 depending on the type of vehicle.
Q: What are the best time to visit?
A: The best time to visit is during winter (November to February) when the weather is pleasant and dry.
Bandra-Worli Sea Link is a treasure trove of engineering, architecture, and beauty. It is a place where one can admire the magnificent structure and the stunning view of the sea and the city. It is also a place where one can enjoy various activities such as driving, biking, walking, etc. It is a place worth visiting for anyone who loves engineering, architecture or beauty