If you are looking for a place to enjoy the lush and lovely greenery of nature, then Cubbon Park in Bangalore is a perfect destination for you. Cubbon Park is a lush and lovely park that was established by Sir Mark Cubbon, the British Commissioner of Mysore, in 1870. The park is spread over an area of 300 acres and has more than 6000 species of plants and trees.
The park is also a home to some birds and animals such as pigeons, parrots, squirrels, monkeys, famous tourist attraction in Bangalore, visit during Bangalore Local sightseeing. The park is a popular picnic spot and a recreational center that offers a variety of activities and attractions for the visitors. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Cubbon Park, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Location of Cubbon Park
Cubbon Park is located in the heart of Bangalore city, in Karnataka state. It is situated about 2 km from the Bangalore Railway Station and 35 km from the Kempegowda International Airport. The park is surrounded by other attractions such as Vidhana Soudha, High Court, Bangalore Palace, etc.
Timing/Entry Fees Cubbon Park
The park is open to visitors throughout the year, from 6 am to 6 pm. There is no entry fee for visiting the park. However, you may have to pay a nominal fee for some activities or attractions at the park.
How to Reach Cubbon Park
The easiest way to reach Cubbon Park is by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Bangalore city or airport to reach the park. You can also take a metro train to Cubbon Park Metro Station and then walk or take a rickshaw to reach the park.
Things to Do/Must See Cubbon Park
There are many things to do and see at Cubbon Park. Some of them are:
- Explore the park’s flora and fauna. The park has a variety of plants and trees that belong to different regions and climates of the world. Some of them are bamboo, banyan, eucalyptus, gulmohar, jacaranda, etc. The park also has some rare and exotic species such as silver oak, mahogany, cassia fistula, etc. The park also has some birds and animals such as pigeons, parrots, squirrels, monkeys, etc.
- Visit the museums and libraries. The park also has some museums and libraries that display some artifacts and books related to the history and culture of Bangalore and India. Some of them are Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum (a science museum), Government Museum (an archaeological museum), Venkatappa Art Gallery (an art museum), Seshadri Iyer Memorial Library (a public library), etc.
- Enjoy the children’s activities and rides. The park also has some children’s activities and rides that are fun and entertaining for the kids. Some of them are Bal Bhavan (a children’s amusement park), Jawahar Bal Bhavan (a children’s cultural center), Toy Train (a mini train ride), Aquarium (a fish display center), etc.
- Experience the events and activities. The park also hosts some events and activities throughout the year that are enjoyable and educational for the visitors. Some of them are flower shows, book fairs, music concerts, yoga classes, photography workshops, etc.
Significance of Cubbon Park
Cubbon Park is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of environmental and social importance for Bangalore and India. The park has many benefits and blessings for those who visit it with respect and admiration. Some of them are:
- The park preserves and enhances the greenery and beauty of Bangalore city.
- The park provides a natural habitat for flora and fauna in the urban area.
- The park educates and inspires the public about the importance and value of nature and environment.
- The park provides a recreational and relaxing space for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Q: How much time does it take to explore the park?
A: It takes about 3 to 4 hours to explore the park thoroughly.
Q: Is there any accommodation facility near the park?
A: Yes, there are some hotels and lodges near the park where you can stay overnight.
Q: Is there any food or water facility at the park?
A: Yes, there are some canteens and stalls at the park where you can buy snacks and water. However, it is advisable to carry your own food and water as well.
Cubbon Park is a must-visit place for anyone who loves nature, science, culture, and fun. It is a place where you can explore the variety and beauty of plant life in India and the world, visit the museums and libraries that display some artifacts and books related to the history and culture of Bangalore and India, enjoy the children’s activities and rides that are fun and entertaining for kids , experience events and activities that are enjoyable and educational for visitors . It is a place that will leave you with happiness and satisfaction in your mind.