If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy nature in the city of Aurangabad, you should definitely visit the Himayat Bagh Aurangabad. This is a 17th-century garden that was built by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb as a part of his palace complex. The garden is also known as the Mughal Garden or the Fruit Garden as it has many varieties of fruits and flowers. The garden is spread over an area of 300 acres and has a beautiful layout and design. Here is everything you need to know about the Himayat Bagh Aurangabad. The Famous tourist attraction in Aurangabad Visit during Aurangabad Sightseeing tour.
Distance From City Center Location of Himayat Bagh Aurangabad
The Himayat Bagh is located near the Delhi Gate, one of the four main gates of the Aurangabad city. The garden is about 3 kilometers away from the city center and 6 kilometers from the Aurangabad airport.
Timing/Entry Fees Himayat Bagh Aurangabad
The Himayat Bagh is open to visitors every day from 6 am to 8 pm. The entry fee is Rs. 5 per person for Indians and Rs. 50 per person for foreigners. There is no camera fee or parking fee.
How to Reach Himayat Bagh Aurangabad
You can reach the Himayat Bagh by road, rail, or air. The nearest railway station is Aurangabad, which is well connected to major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, etc. From there, you can take a bus, auto-rickshaw, or taxi to the garden, which will take about 10 minutes. The nearest airport is Aurangabad, which has domestic flights from Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, etc. From there, you can take a cab or a bus to the garden, which will take about 15 minutes.
Things to Do/See Himayat Bagh Aurangabad
The Himayat Bagh has many attractions and activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Some of the things to do and see at the garden are:
- Enjoy the nature: You can enjoy the scenic beauty of the garden by walking, jogging, cycling, or picnicking. You can also admire the various plants and flowers that grow in the garden like mangoes, guavas, pomegranates, roses, jasmines, etc. You can also spot some birds and animals that visit the garden like peacocks, parrots, monkeys, squirrels, etc.
- Visit the nursery: You can visit the nursery that is located inside the garden and buy some plants and seeds for your home or garden. You can also learn about the different types of plants and their uses from the staff.
- Visit the Marathwada Agricultural University: You can visit the Marathwada Agricultural University that is situated adjacent to the garden and learn more about the research and development activities that are carried out in the field of agriculture and horticulture. You can also interact with the students and faculty members and get some tips and advice on gardening and farming.
- Visit the nearby attractions: You can visit some of the nearby attractions that are located close to the garden like Bibi Ka Maqbara (1 km), Panchakki (2 km), Aurangabad Caves (5 km), Daulatabad Fort (15 km), Ellora Caves (30 km), Ajanta Caves (100 km), etc.
Significance of Himayat Bagh Aurangabad
The Himayat Bagh is not only a tourist destination but also a historical and cultural landmark of Aurangabad. It was here that Aurangzeb spent his last days and died in 1707. It was also here that his body was buried before being shifted to Khuldabad. The garden was originally designed by a Persian architect named Ustad Fateh Ali Khan and was inspired by the Charbagh style of gardening. The garden was also used as a venue for various events and ceremonies by the Mughal rulers and nobles. The garden is a symbol of the Mughal legacy and the love for nature that prevailed in this region for centuries.
- Q: How long does it take to explore the garden?
- A: It depends on your interest and pace but generally it takes about one hour to explore the garden.
- Q: Is there any cafeteria or restaurant near the garden?
- A: Yes there are some cafeterias and restaurants near the garden that offer snacks and meals at reasonable prices. Some of them are Cafe Coffee Day (1 km), Hotel Atithi (2 km), Hotel Yash Executive (3 km), etc.
- Q: What are some other places to visit near the garden?
- A: Some other places to visit near the garden are Bibi Ka Maqbara (1 km), Panchakki (2 km), Aurangabad Caves (5 km), Daulatabad Fort (15 km), Ellora Caves (30 km), Ajanta Caves (100 km), etc.
The Himayat Bagh Aurangabad is a must-visit place for anyone who loves nature and history. It offers a unique opportunity to witness the beauty and tranquility of a Mughal garden that has survived the test of time. It also offers a chance to appreciate the history and culture of Aurangzeb and his successors who ruled over this region for more than a century. So if you are planning a trip to Aurangabad or nearby areas don’t miss out on visiting the Himayat Bagh.