If you are looking for a place to learn and enjoy the fascinating and fun wonders of astronomy and space science, then Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium in Bangalore is a perfect destination for you. Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is a fascinating and fun planetarium that was established in 1989 by the Bangalore City Corporation and famous tourist attractoin in Bangalore, visit during Bangalore sightseeing tour.
The planetarium is a dome-shaped building that has a sky theatre, a science park, a science centre, and an observatory. The planetarium is also a center of scientific and educational activities that attract many students and visitors every year. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Location of Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is located in Raj Bhavan Road area of Bangalore city, in Karnataka state. It is situated about 3 km from the Bangalore Railway Station and 32 km from the Kempegowda International Airport. The planetarium is surrounded by other attractions such as Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha, Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park, etc.
Timing/Entry Fees Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
The planetarium is open to visitors throughout the year, except on Mondays and second Tuesdays of every month, from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. There is an entry fee of Rs. 50 for adults and Rs. 35 for children for visiting the planetarium. There is also an additional fee for some activities or attractions at the planetarium such as sky theatre show (Rs. 35 for adults and Rs. 20 for children), science centre (Rs. 10 for adults and Rs. 5 for children), observatory (Rs. 10 for adults and Rs. 5 for children), etc.
How to Reach Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
The easiest way to reach Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Bangalore city or airport to reach the planetarium. You can also take a metro train to Cubbon Park Metro Station and then walk or take a rickshaw to reach the planetarium.
Things to Do/Must See Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
There are many things to do and see at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium. Some of them are:
- Watch the sky theatre show. The main attraction of the planetarium is the sky theatre show that displays various aspects of astronomy and space science on a dome-shaped screen with digital projection and sound effects. The show lasts for about 45 minutes and covers topics such as solar system, stars, galaxies, constellations, eclipses, etc.
- Explore the science park and centre. The planetarium also has a science park and a science centre that offer some interactive exhibits and experiments related to astronomy and space science. You can learn about various concepts such as gravity, light, sound, motion, etc. by playing with some models and gadgets in the park and centre.
- Visit the observatory and telescope. The planetarium also has an observatory and a telescope that allow you to observe some celestial objects such as sun, moon, planets, stars, etc. with the help of some experts and guides. You can also participate in some activities such as star gazing sessions, solar observation sessions, etc. that are held at the observatory and telescope.
- Experience the events and activities. The planetarium also hosts some events and activities throughout the year that are enjoyable and educational for the visitors. Some of them are lectures, workshops, quizzes, competitions, camps, etc.
Significance of Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of scientific and educational importance for Bangalore and India. The planetarium has many benefits and blessings for those who visit it with curiosity and enthusiasm. Some of them are:
- The planetarium stimulates interest and awareness in astronomy and space science among the public.
- The planetarium provides scientific knowledge and information about astronomy and space science through various media and methods.
- The planetarium inspires creativity and innovation in astronomy and space science among students and visitors.
- The planetarium provides a platform and opportunity for astronomers and space scientists to interact and exchange ideas.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium:
- Q: How much time does it take to explore the planetarium?
- A: It takes about 2 to 3 hours to explore the planetarium thoroughly.
- Q: Is there any accommodation facility near the planetarium?
- A: Yes, there are some hotels and lodges near the planetarium where you can stay overnight.
- Q: Is there any food or water facility at the planetarium?
- A: No, there is no food or water facility at the planetarium. You should carry your own food and water as well.
- Q: Is there any medical facility near the planetarium?
- A: No, there is no medical facility near the planetarium. You should carry your own first aid kit and medicines in case of any emergency.
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is a must-visit place for anyone who loves astronomy ,space science ,and fun . It is a place where you can watch ,the sky theatre show ,that displays ,various aspects ,of astronomy ,and space science. on a dome-shaped screen ,with digital projection ,and sound effects. explore ,the science park ,and centre ,that offer ,some interactive exhibits ,and experiments ,related to astronomy ,and space science ,visit ,the observatory ,and telescope ,that allow you to observe ,some celestial objects ,such as sun ,moon ,planets ,stars ,etc. experience events ,and activities ,that are enjoyable ,and educational for visitors . It is a place that will leave you with wonder ,and admiration for Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium …