If you are looking for a place to worship and seek blessings from the Lord of wisdom and success, then Binkhambi Ganesh Temple in Kolhapur is a perfect destination for you. Binkhambi Ganesh Temple is a unique and ancient temple that is dedicated to Lord Ganesha, also known as Ganapati or Vinayaka. The temple is named after the fact that it has no pillars (binkhambi) to support its roof famous tourist place in Kolhapur, visit during Kolhapur Local sightseeing.
The temple is a marvel of engineering and art, and it attracts many devotees and tourists every year. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Binkhambi Ganesh Temple, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQs, and conclusion.
Location of Binkhambi Ganesh Temple
Binkhambi Ganesh Temple is located in the heart of Kolhapur city, in Maharashtra state. It is situated about 2 km from the Mahalaxmi Temple and 4 km from the Kolhapur Railway Station. The temple is surrounded by other temples and monuments such as Shahu Palace, Rankala Lake, Siddhagiri Museum, etc.
Timing/Entry Fees Binkhambi Ganesh Temple
The temple is open to visitors throughout the year, from 6 am to 9 pm. There is no entry fee for visiting the temple. However, you may have to pay a nominal fee for special darshan or puja services.
How to Reach Binkhambi Ganesh Temple
The easiest way to reach Binkhambi Ganesh Temple is by road. You can take a bus or a taxi from Mumbai or Pune to reach Kolhapur city. From there, you can walk or take a rickshaw or a bus to reach the temple.
Things to Do/Must See Binkhambi Ganesh Temple
There are many things to do and see at Binkhambi Ganesh Temple. Some of them are:
- Have a darshan of the Lord. The main attraction of the temple is the idol of Lord Ganesha, which is made of white marble and adorned with jewels and flowers. The idol has four arms and holds a lotus, an axe, a modak (sweet), and a rosary in them. The idol has a smiling and benevolent expression on his face and radiates divine energy. You can have a darshan of the Lord during the regular hours or during the special hours such as Kakad Aarti (early morning), Naivedya (noon), Shej Aarti (night), etc.
- Witness the festivals and rituals. The temple celebrates many festivals and rituals throughout the year that showcase the devotion and culture of the people. Some of them are Ganesh Chaturthi (birthday of Lord Ganesha), Sankashti Chaturthi (fasting day for Lord Ganesha), Maghi Ganesh Jayanti (another birthday of Lord Ganesha), etc.
- Explore the temple’s architecture and history. The temple is a wonder of architecture and history that dates back to the 18th century CE. The temple has a simple structure that consists of a sanctum sanctorum (garbhagriha), a hall (mandapa), and an entrance (gopura). The temple has no pillars to support its roof, which is made of stone slabs. The temple has exquisite carvings and paintings on its walls and ceilings that depict various scenes from Hindu mythology and history. The temple also has some inscriptions that reveal its historical significance.
- Visit the other temples and monuments nearby. You can also visit some other temples and monuments near the Binkhambi Ganesh Temple that are worth seeing. Some of them are Mahalaxmi Temple (a sacred temple), Shahu Palace (a royal palace), Rankala Lake (a scenic lake), Siddhagiri Museum (a wax museum), etc.
Significance of Binkhambi Ganesh Temple
Binkhambi Ganesh Temple is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of spiritual importance for the Hindus. The temple has many benefits and blessings for those who visit it with faith and devotion. Some of them are:
- The temple fulfills the wishes and desires of those who pray to the Lord sincerely.
- The temple bestows wisdom and success on those who worship the Lord regularly.
- The temple protects from obstacles and difficulties those who seek refuge in the Lord.
- The temple grants happiness and prosperity to those who meditate on the Lord.
- The temple purifies and elevates the soul of those who serve the Lord selflessly.
Q: How much time does it take to explore the temple?
A: It takes about an hour to explore the temple thoroughly.
Q: Is there any accommodation facility near the temple?
A: Yes, there are some hotels and lodges near the temple where you can stay overnight.
Q: Is there any food or water facility at the temple?
A: Yes, there are some canteens and stalls at the temple where you can buy prasad (offering) or snacks and water. However, it is advisable to carry your own food and water as well.
Binkhambi Ganesh Temple is a must-visit place for anyone who believes in God or wants to experience God’s grace. It is a place where you can have a direct connection with the Lord who is the source of all wisdom and success in this world. It is a place where you can feel the divine presence and power of the Lord who is always ready to help and guide you in your life’s journey. It is a place that will leave you with peace and joy in your heart.