If you are looking for a lively and vibrant beach of Ratnagiri and its surroundings, you should definitely visit the Mandavi Beach in Ratnagiri. This beach, also known as the Gateway of Ratnagiri or the Black Sea, is a popular and crowded beach that is located in the heart of the Ratnagiri town.
The beach is known for its black sand, blue water, palm trees, and fishing boats that offer a colorful and lively view and a festive atmosphere. The beach is also known for its water sports, adventure activities, and cultural events. Here is everything you need to know about the Mandavi Beach. Best Tourist Place In Ratnagiri.
Distance From City Center Location of Mandavi Beach
The Mandavi Beach is located in the heart of the Ratnagiri town, about 1 kilometer from the Ratnagiri city center and 3 kilometers from the Ratnadurg Fort. The beach is situated on the Ratnagiri-Mandavi road.
Timing/Entry Fees Mandavi Beach
The Mandavi Beach is open to visitors every day from 6 am to 10 pm. There is no entry fee or parking fee.
How to Reach Mandavi Beach
You can reach the Mandavi Beach by road, rail, or air. The nearest railway station is Ratnagiri, which is well connected to major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Goa, etc. From there, you can take a bus, auto-rickshaw, or taxi to the beach, which will take about 5 minutes. The nearest airport is Mumbai, which has domestic and international flights from various destinations. From there, you can take a cab or a bus to the beach, which will take about six hours.
Things to Do/See Mandavi Beach
The Mandavi Beach has many attractions and activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Some of the things to do and see at the beach are:
- Enjoy the beach: You can enjoy the beach by swimming, sunbathing, playing, relaxing, or walking on the black sand and blue water. You can also see the sunrise and the sunset from the beach and capture some beautiful pictures.
- Try the water sports: You can try some water sports like jet skiing, banana boat ride, parasailing, kayaking, etc. that are available at the beach. You can also rent some equipment like life jackets, helmets, etc. from the vendors at the beach.
- Do some adventure activities: You can do some adventure activities like trekking, camping, cycling, etc. that are available near the beach. You can also explore some nearby places like Mandavi Hill (2 km), Pawas (20 km), Ganpatipule (25 km), etc.
- Enjoy the cultural events: You can enjoy some cultural events like music concerts, dance performances, fashion shows, fireworks, etc. that are held at the beach during festivals and occasions like Ganesh Chaturthi, Diwali, New Year, etc.
- Visit the nearby attractions: You can visit some of the nearby attractions that are located close to the beach like Ratnadurg Fort (3 km), Thiba Palace (4 km), Thiba Point (5 km), Jaigad Fort (35 km), Guhagar Beach (80 km), etc.
Significance of Mandavi Beach
The Mandavi Beach is not only a tourist destination but also a historical and cultural landmark of Maharashtra and India. It represents the natural beauty and charm of Ratnagiri and its surroundings. It also reflects the life and culture of the local people who live near this beach and depend on fishing and tourism for their livelihood.
The beach is also associated with the legend of a saint named Swami Swarupanand who was a disciple of Swami Ramdas and established an ashram near this beach. The beach is a symbol of the faith and devotion of the devotees who visit this place to seek blessings from the saint.
Q: How long does it take to explore the beach?
A: It depends on your interest and pace but generally it takes about an hour to explore the beach.
Q: What are some other places to visit near the beach?
A: Some other places to visit near the beach are Ratnadurg Fort (3 km), Thiba Palace (4 km), Thiba Point (5 km), Jaigad Fort (35 km), Guhagar Beach (80 km), etc.
The Mandavi Beach is a must-visit place for anyone who loves nature and culture. It offers a unique opportunity to witness the lively and vibrant beach of Ratnagiri town that showcases the black sand and blue water of its coast. It also offers a chance to appreciate the history and culture of the local people and their legend of Swami Swarupanand. So if you are planning a trip to Ratnagiri or nearby areas don’t miss out on visiting the Mandavi Beach.