If you are a wildlife lover and want to witness the majestic tigers in their natural habitat, then Sariska Tiger Reserve in Alwar, Rajasthan is a perfect destination for you. Sariska Tiger Reserve is famous tourist attraction in Alwar, visit during Alwar Local sightseeing, and One day trip from Delhi. This article will tell you everything you need to know about this wildlife paradise, including its location, timing/entry fees, how to reach, things to do/must see, significance, FAQ’s and conclusion.
Location of Sariska Tiger Reserve
Sariska Tiger Reserve is a national park and a tiger reserve in Alwar district of Rajasthan, India. It covers an area of about 800 sq km and is situated in the lap of the Aravalli hills. It was declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1955 and a tiger reserve in 1978 under the Project Tiger scheme.
Timing/Entry Fees Sariska Tiger Reserve
The park is open for visitors from 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM and from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM every day. The entry fee for the park is Rs. 80 per person for Indians and Rs. 470 per person for foreigners. The safari fee is Rs. 2500 per vehicle for Indians and Rs. 4000 per vehicle for foreigners. The camera fee is Rs. 200 for still camera and Rs. 400 for video camera.
How to Reach Sariska Tiger Reserve
The nearest airport to Sariska Tiger Reserve is Jaipur International Airport, which is about 110 km away. The nearest railway station is Alwar Junction, which is about 36 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the park. Alternatively, you can drive your own car or hire a cab from Jaipur or Delhi, which are about 130 km and 200 km away respectively.
Things to Do/Must See Sariska Tiger Reserve
There are plenty of things to do and see at Sariska Tiger Reserve that will make your visit unforgettable. Some of them are:
- Go on a jeep safari and spot the tigers and other animals such as leopards, hyenas, jackals, wild boars, deer, monkeys and more.
- Visit the Kankwadi Fort, a historical fort built by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb where he imprisoned his brother Dara Shikoh.
- Explore the Neelkanth Temple, an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva that has erotic sculptures similar to Khajuraho.
- Pay your respects at the Pandupol Hanuman Temple, a sacred temple associated with the Mahabharata that has a scenic waterfall nearby.
- Watch the birds such as sand grouse, peafowl, quails, eagles and more that flock to the park.
Significance of Sariska Tiger Reserve
Sariska Tiger Reserve is not only a tourist attraction but also a place of ecological and cultural significance. Some of its aspects are:
- The park is home to more than 220 species of birds, 13 species of reptiles, 8 species of amphibians and 36 species of mammals.
- The park has one of the largest populations of tigers in India and has successfully relocated tigers from Ranthambore National Park after they became extinct due to poaching in 2005.
- The park has several archaeological sites such as temples, forts and palaces that reflect the rich heritage and history of Rajasthan.
- The park is part of the Sariska-Alwar-Amer elephant corridor that connects the habitats of elephants in Rajasthan.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Sariska Tiger Reserve:
- Q: Is there any online booking facility for safari or accommodation?
- A: Yes, you can book online for safari or accommodation through the official website of Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC) or Sariska Tiger Reserve.
- Q: Is there any dress code or restriction for visiting the park?
- A: No, there is no dress code or restriction for visiting the park. However, you should wear comfortable clothes and shoes and avoid bright colors that may attract animals.
- Q: Is photography allowed inside the park?
- A: Yes, photography is allowed inside the park. However, you should not use flash or disturb the animals or their habitats.
- Q: Is there any locker facility available at the park?
- A: No, there is no locker facility available at the park. You should carry only essential items with you and leave your valuables at your hotel or vehicle.
- Q: Is there any ATM or medical facility available at the park?
- A: No, there is no ATM or medical facility available at the park. You should carry enough cash and medicines with you.
Sariska Tiger Reserve is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves wildlife and nature. It offers a thrilling and enchanting experience of seeing the tigers and other animals in their natural environment. It also showcases the diverse flora and fauna and the rich culture and history of Rajasthan. It is an ideal place for family outings, adventure trips or solo travels. So what are you waiting for? Book your tickets now and enjoy a memorable stay at Sariska Tiger Reserve.