If you are looking for a place to experience the thrill and spectacle of Lonavala, you should visit the Tiger Leap Lonavala. Tiger Leap Lonavala is a cliff that resembles a tiger leaping into the valley. It is located in the Khandala area of Lonavala, a popular hill station in Maharashtra. It is a thrilling and spectacular spot that offers a stunning view of the valley and the waterfall. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the Tiger Leap Lonavala, including its location, timing and entry fees, how to reach it, things to do and see, its significance, and some frequently asked questions. Visit during Mumbai to Lonavala One day Trip by cab
Tiger Leap Location/ Timing and Entry Fees
The Tiger Leap Lonavala is situated about 10 km from the Lonavala railway station and bus stand. It is easily accessible by road and rail from Mumbai and Pune. The cliff is open to visitors from 6 am to 6 pm every day. There is no entry fee for visiting the cliff. However, there is a nominal fee for using the facilities such as parking, food stalls, etc.
How to Reach Tiger Leap
The best way to reach the Tiger Leap Lonavala is by car or taxi from Lonavala or Pune. You can also take a local bus from Lonavala or Pune that stops near the cliff. Alternatively, you can take a train from Mumbai or Pune to Lonavala station, which is about 10 km from the cliff. From there, you can hire an auto-rickshaw or walk to the cliff.
Things to Do / Must See Tiger Leap
The main attraction of the Tiger Leap Lonavala is the cliff itself, which is a sheer drop of about 650 meters that offers a breathtaking view of the valley and the waterfall. You can enjoy the view of the cliff from various points such as the viewing platform, the glass floor, or the ropeway. You can also indulge in some activities such as trekking, rappelling, or bungee jumping at the cliff.
Another must-see attraction of the cliff is the echo point, which is a point where you can hear your voice echo back to you. You can also enjoy some snacks and beverages at the stalls near the point.
Significance of Tiger Leap
The Tiger Leap Lonavala is not only a thrilling and spectacular spot but also a geological and ecological wonder. The cliff is formed by the erosion of the basalt rock by the water and wind over millions of years. It is one of the highest points in Lonavala and offers a panoramic view of the region. The cliff also helps in maintaining the biodiversity and water cycle of the area. The cliff is home to various flora and fauna such as monkeys, birds, butterflies, etc.
- When is the best time to visit the Tiger Leap Lonavala?
The best time to visit the Tiger Leap Lonavala is during the monsoon season, from June to September, when the cliff is covered with greenery and mist. The waterfall also looks more majestic and beautiful during this season. However, you should be careful of the slippery rocks and the strong winds.
- What are the safety precautions to take at the cliff?
You should follow some safety precautions while visiting the cliff such as:
- Do not go near the edge of the cliff or cross the barricades.
- Do not attempt any adventurous activities without proper guidance and equipment.
- Do not litter or pollute the cliff or the surroundings.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs at the cliff.
- Do not carry any valuables or expensive items with you.
- What are the facilities available at the cliff?
The cliff has some basic facilities for the convenience and comfort of the visitors such as:
- Parking space for vehicles
- Food stalls that serve snacks and beverages
- Toilets and changing rooms
- First aid and emergency services
- What are the other attractions near the cliff?
Some of the other attractions near the cliff are:
- The Bhushi Dam, which is a fun and frolic spot that offers a splash of water and play
- The Kune Falls, which is a three-tiered waterfall that cascades from a height of 200 meters
- The Rajmachi Fort, which is a historical fort that offers a panoramic view of the region
- The Lonavala Lake, which is a natural lake that offers boating and fishing activities
The Tiger Leap Lonavala is a thrilling and spectacular spot that offers a stunning view of the valley and the waterfall. It is a place where you can experience the thrill and spectacle of Lonavala. It is a place where you can indulge in some activities such as trekking, rappelling, or bungee jumping at the cliff. It is a place where you can admire the beauty and wonder of nature. It is a place where you can learn about the geology and ecology of India through the Tiger Leap and other nearby attractions. If you are looking for a place to experience the thrill and spectacle of Lonavala, you should visit the Tiger Leap Lonavala.