Bhalka Tirth is a sacred and serene destination for anyone who loves spirituality, history, and nature. The place is located near Somnath Temple in Gujarat, India. It is the place where Lord Krishna was shot by a hunter named Jara and left his mortal body. The place is also a popular tourist attraction, offering a peaceful and pleasant experience for visitors. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to plan your visit to Bhalka Tirth, including the location, timing, entry fees, how to reach, things to do, nearby tourist places, significance, FAQs, and conclusion. Visit dueing One day Somnath Sightseeing Trip By Private cab
Location of Bhalka Tirth
Bhalka Tirth is situated near Veraval town, about 5 km from Somnath Temple. The place is on the banks of the Hiran River and has a temple dedicated to Lord Krishna.
Timing / Entry Fees Bhalka Tirth
The place is open to visitors from 6 am to 6 pm on all days. There is no entry fee for visiting the place.
How to Reach Bhalka Tirth
The nearest airport to Bhalka Tirth is Diu Airport, which is about 85 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to Veraval and then another bus or taxi to Bhalka Tirth. The taxi fare is around Rs. 1500 and the bus fare is around Rs. 100.
The nearest railway station to Bhalka Tirth is Veraval Railway Station, which is about 7 km away. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to Bhalka Tirth. The bus fare is around Rs. 20 and the taxi fare is around Rs. 100.
You can also drive to Bhalka Tirth from nearby cities such as Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, etc. The road distance from Rajkot is about 190 km, from Ahmedabad is about 410 km, and from Surat is about 530 km.
Things to Do / Must See Bhalka Tirth
The main attraction of Bhalka Tirth is the temple of Lord Krishna, which marks the spot where he was shot by Jara and left his mortal body. The temple has a statue of Lord Krishna lying on a banyan leaf with an arrow piercing his foot. The temple also has a statue of Jara repenting for his mistake and seeking forgiveness from Lord Krishna.
Apart from visiting the temple, you can also enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the place, which is surrounded by greenery and water. You can see the Hiran River flowing by and hear the sound of birds and bells. You can also meditate and pray at the place and feel the divine presence of Lord Krishna.
Bhalka Tirth Nearby Tourist Places
Bhalka Tirth is not only a sacred and serene destination but also a convenient base for exploring other nearby tourist places such as:
- Somnath Temple: Somnath Temple is one of the most sacred and ancient temples of Lord Shiva in India. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and has a rich history and legend associated with it. The temple is also an architectural marvel that showcases various styles and influences over time. The temple is open from 6 am to 9 pm on all days and has an entry fee of Rs. 5 per person.
- Triveni Sangam: Triveni Sangam is the confluence of three rivers – Saraswati, Kapila, and Hiran – near Somnath Temple. It is a holy place where many pilgrims come to take a dip in the water and seek blessings. It is also a scenic place where you can see the different colors of water merging together.
- Prabhas Patan Museum: Prabhas Patan Museum is a museum near Somnath Temple that displays various artifacts and relics related to the history and culture of Somnath and Gujarat. The museum has various sections such as sculpture gallery, inscription gallery, painting gallery, etc. The museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm on all days except Mondays and has an entry fee of Rs. 10 per person.
- Somnath Beach: Somnath Beach is a beautiful beach near Somnath Temple that offers a serene and scenic view of the Arabian Sea and the temple. The beach is also a popular tourist attraction, offering various activities such as swimming, sunbathing, camel riding, etc.
Significance of Bhalka Tirth
Bhalka Tirth is not only a sacred and serene destination but also a significant and meaningful site that has many values and meanings for the people and the environment of Gujarat. Some of the values of the place are:
- Spiritual: The place is a spiritual place that is connected to the life and death of Lord Krishna, who is one of the most revered and loved deities in Hinduism. The place is believed to be the place where Lord Krishna attained moksha or liberation from the cycle of birth and death. The place is also a place where many devotees come to pay their respects and homage to Lord Krishna.
- Historical: The place is a historical place that has witnessed many events and changes over time. The place is the place where Lord Krishna spent his last moments and gave his final teachings to his friend and disciple Arjuna. The place is also the place where many kings and rulers such as Chandragupta Maurya, Harshavardhana, Mahmud of Ghazni, etc. visited and paid their tribute to Lord Krishna.
- Environmental: The place is an environmental place that supports a diverse and delicate ecosystem of water, land, and air. The place is a source of water for irrigation and drinking purposes for the nearby villages. The place also supports a rich biodiversity of flora and fauna that are endemic to Gujarat.
How long does it take to explore Bhalka Tirth?
It takes about half an hour to explore Bhalka Tirth thoroughly. You will need some time to walk from Veraval to the place and back. You will also need some time to visit the temple and enjoy the surroundings.
Is there any facility for food and water near Bhalka Tirth?
There are some small shops near Veraval that sell snacks and water bottles. You can also find some restaurants near Somnath Temple that serve local cuisine such as dhokla, khaman, fafda, etc.
Is there any accommodation near Bhalka Tirth?
There are some hotels and guest houses near Somnath Temple that offer comfortable accommodation for visitors. Some of them are Hotel Somnath Atithigruh, Hotel Shivam, Hotel Shubh Suvidha, and Hotel Sun Plaza.
Bhalka Tirth is a sacred and serene destination for anyone who loves spirituality, history, and nature. The place offers a peaceful and pleasant view and experience for visitors. The place also has a spiritual, historical, and environmental significance that adds to its charm and appeal. If you are planning to visit Gujarat, make sure to include Bhalka Tirth in your itinerary. You will not regret it!