Panch Pandav Gufa is a mysterious and marvelous destination for anyone who loves mythology, adventure, and nature. The place is located near Somnath Temple in Gujarat, India. It is a cave that is believed to be the place where the five Pandava brothers of the Mahabharata epic stayed during their exile. The cave is also a popular tourist attraction, offering a thrilling and fascinating experience for visitors. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to plan your visit to Panch Pandav Gufa, including the location, timing, entry fees, how to reach, things to do, nearby tourist places, significance, FAQs, and conclusion. Visit during One day Somnath Sightseeing Trip By Private cab
Location of Panch Pandav Gufa
Panch Pandav Gufa is situated near Lalghati village, about 4 km from Somnath Temple. The cave is on a hill and has a temple dedicated to the Pandavas and their wife Draupadi.
Timing / Entry Fees Panch Pandav Gufa
The cave is open to visitors from 7 am to 7 pm on all days. There is no entry fee for visiting the cave.
How to Reach Panch Pandav Gufa
The nearest airport to Panch Pandav Gufa is Diu Airport, which is about 85 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to Veraval and then another bus or taxi to Lalghati. From Lalghati, you can walk or take an auto rickshaw to the cave. The walk is about 1 km long and takes about 15 minutes. The auto rickshaw ride costs Rs. 20 per vehicle and takes about 5 minutes.
The nearest railway station to Panch Pandav Gufa is Veraval Railway Station, which is about 7 km away. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to Lalghati and then walk or take an auto rickshaw to the cave.
You can also drive to Panch Pandav Gufa from nearby cities such as Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, etc. The road distance from Rajkot is about 190 km, from Ahmedabad is about 410 km, and from Surat is about 530 km.
Things to Do / Must See Panch Pandav Gufa
The main attraction of Panch Pandav Gufa is the cave itself, which offers a mysterious and marvelous view and experience for visitors. You can see the natural rock formations and sculptures that resemble the Pandavas and their weapons. You can also see the idols of Lord Shiva, Lord Hanuman, Goddess Durga, and Goddess Kali in the cave.
Apart from visiting the cave, you can also enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the place, which is surrounded by greenery and hills. You can see the Hiran River flowing by and hear the sound of birds and bells. You can also meditate and pray at the place and feel the divine presence of the Pandavas.
Nearby Tourist Places of Panch Pandav Gufa
Panch Pandav Gufa is not only a mysterious and marvelous destination but also a convenient base for exploring other nearby tourist places such as:
- Somnath Temple: Somnath Temple is one of the most sacred and ancient temples of Lord Shiva in India. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and has a rich history and legend associated with it. The temple is also an architectural marvel that showcases various styles and influences over time. The temple is open from 6 am to 9 pm on all days and has an entry fee of Rs. 5 per person.
- Triveni Sangam: Triveni Sangam is the confluence of three rivers – Saraswati, Kapila, and Hiran – near Somnath Temple. It is a holy place where many pilgrims come to take a dip in the water and seek blessings. It is also a scenic place where you can see the different colors of water merging together.
- Prabhas Patan Museum: Prabhas Patan Museum is a museum near Somnath Temple that displays various artifacts and relics related to the history and culture of Somnath and Gujarat. The museum has various sections such as sculpture gallery, inscription gallery, painting gallery, etc. The museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm on all days except Mondays and has an entry fee of Rs. 10 per person.
- Bhalka Tirth: Bhalka Tirth is the place where Lord Krishna was shot by a hunter named Jara and left his mortal body. The place has a temple dedicated to Lord Krishna that marks the spot where he was shot. The place is also a peaceful and pleasant place where you can see the Hiran River and the greenery around it.
Significance of Panch Pandav Gufa
Panch Pandav Gufa is not only a mysterious and marvelous destination but also a significant and meaningful site that has many values and meanings for the people and the environment of Gujarat. Some of the values of the place are:
- Mythological: The place is a mythological place that is connected to the Mahabharata epic, which is one of the most revered and loved epics in Hinduism. The place is believed to be the place where the Pandavas, who are the heroes and role models of the epic, stayed during their exile. The place is also a place where many devotees come to pay their respects and homage to the Pandavas.
- Historical: The place is a historical place that has witnessed many events and changes over time. The place is the place where many kings and rulers such as Chandragupta Maurya, Harshavardhana, Mahmud of Ghazni, etc. visited and paid their tribute to the Pandavas. The place is also the place where many leaders and personalities such as Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, K.M. Munshi, Mahatma Gandhi, etc. visited and contributed to the restoration and revival of the Somnath Temple.
- Environmental: The place is an environmental place that supports a diverse and delicate ecosystem of water, land, and air. The place is a source of water for irrigation and drinking purposes for the nearby villages. The place also supports a rich biodiversity of flora and fauna that are endemic to Gujarat.
How long does it take to explore Panch Pandav Gufa?
It takes about half an hour to explore Panch Pandav Gufa thoroughly. You will need some time to walk from Lalghati to the cave and back. You will also need some time to visit the cave and enjoy the surroundings.
Is there any facility for food and water near Panch Pandav Gufa?
There are some small shops near Lalghati that sell snacks and water bottles. You can also find some restaurants near Somnath Temple that serve local cuisine such as dhokla, khaman, fafda, etc.
Is there any accommodation near Panch Pandav Gufa?
There are some hotels and guest houses near Somnath Temple that offer comfortable accommodation for visitors. Some of them are Hotel Somnath Atithigruh, Hotel Shivam, Hotel Shubh Suvidha, and Hotel Sun Plaza.
Panch Pandav Gufa is a mysterious and marvelous destination for anyone who loves mythology, adventure, and nature. The place offers a thrilling and fascinating view and experience for visitors. The place also has a mythological, historical, and environmental significance that adds to its charm and appeal. If you are planning to visit Gujarat, make sure to include Panch Pandav Gufa in your itinerary. You will not regret it!