Gita Mandir is a spiritual and splendid destination for anyone who loves religion, art, and architecture. The temple is located near Somnath Temple in Gujarat, India. It is a temple dedicated to Lord Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita, which is one of the most sacred and influential scriptures in Hinduism. The temple is also a popular tourist attraction, offering a divine and delightful experience for visitors. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to plan your visit to Gita Mandir, including the location, timing, entry fees, how to reach, things to do, nearby tourist places, significance, FAQs, and conclusion. Visit during One day Somnath Sightseeing Trip By Private cab
Location of Gita Mandir
Gita Mandir is situated near Triveni Sangam, about 1.5 km from Somnath Temple. The temple is on the banks of the Hiran River and has a white marble structure.
Timing / Entry Fees Gita Mandir
The temple is open to visitors from 6 am to 9 pm on all days. There is no entry fee for visiting the temple.
How to Reach Gita Mandir
The nearest airport to Gita Mandir is Diu Airport, which is about 85 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to Veraval and then another bus or taxi to Gita Mandir. The taxi fare is around Rs. 1500 and the bus fare is around Rs. 100.
The nearest railway station to Gita Mandir is Veraval Railway Station, which is about 7 km away. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to Gita Mandir. The bus fare is around Rs. 20 and the taxi fare is around Rs. 100.
You can also drive to Gita Mandir from nearby cities such as Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, etc. The road distance from Rajkot is about 190 km, from Ahmedabad is about 410 km, and from Surat is about 530 km.
Things to Do / Must See Gita Mandir
The main attraction of Gita Mandir is the temple itself, which offers a spiritual and splendid view and experience for visitors. You can see the white marble structure and the domes that reflect the sunlight and create a dazzling effect. You can also see the statues of Lord Krishna and his charioteer Arjuna in front of the temple.
The temple has 18 chapters of the Bhagavad Gita inscribed on its walls in Sanskrit. The Bhagavad Gita is a dialogue between Lord Krishna and Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra in the Mahabharata epic. The Bhagavad Gita contains the essence of Hindu philosophy and ethics and guides the seekers of truth and righteousness.
The temple also has a library that contains various books and manuscripts related to Hinduism and Indian culture. The library is open from 10 am to 5 pm on all days except Mondays and has an entry fee of Rs. 10 per person.
Apart from visiting the temple, you can also enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the place, which is surrounded by greenery and water. You can see the Hiran River flowing by and hear the sound of birds and bells. You can also meditate and pray at the place and feel the divine presence of Lord Krishna.
Nearby Tourist Places of Gita Mandir
Gita Mandir is not only a spiritual and splendid destination but also a convenient base for exploring other nearby tourist places such as:
- Somnath Temple: Somnath Temple is one of the most sacred and ancient temples of Lord Shiva in India. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and has a rich history and legend associated with it. The temple is also an architectural marvel that showcases various styles and influences over time. The temple is open from 6 am to 9 pm on all days and has an entry fee of Rs. 5 per person.
- Triveni Sangam: Triveni Sangam is the confluence of three rivers – Saraswati, Kapila, and Hiran – near Somnath Temple. It is a holy place where many pilgrims come to take a dip in the water and seek blessings. It is also a scenic place where you can see the different colors of water merging together.
- Prabhas Patan Museum: Prabhas Patan Museum is a museum near Somnath Temple that displays various artifacts and relics related to the history and culture of Somnath and Gujarat. The museum has various sections such as sculpture gallery, inscription gallery, painting gallery, etc. The museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm on all days except Mondays and has an entry fee of Rs. 10 per person.
- Bhalka Tirth: Bhalka Tirth is the place where Lord Krishna was shot by a hunter named Jara and left his mortal body. The place has a temple dedicated to Lord Krishna that marks the spot where he was shot. The place is also a peaceful and pleasant place where you can see the Hiran River and the greenery around it.
Significance of Gita Mandir
Gita Mandir is not only a spiritual and splendid destination but also a significant and meaningful site that has many values and meanings for the people and the environment of Gujarat. Some of the values of the temple are:
- Religious: The temple is a religious place that is dedicated to Lord Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita, which are two of the most revered and influential aspects of Hinduism. The temple is a place where many devotees come to worship and learn from Lord Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita. The temple is also a place where many festivals and rituals such as Janmashtami, Holi, etc. are celebrated.
- Cultural: The temple is a cultural place that showcases the art and architecture of Gujarat and India. The temple is a masterpiece of white marble that reflects the skill and craftsmanship of the local artisans. The temple also displays the Sanskrit language and script that are the roots of Indian literature and culture.
- Educational: The temple is an educational place that provides information and awareness about Hinduism and Indian culture. The temple has the Bhagavad Gita inscribed on its walls, which is one of the most profound and influential scriptures in Hinduism. The temple also has a library that contains various books and manuscripts related to Hinduism and Indian culture.
How long does it take to explore Gita Mandir?
It takes about an hour to explore Gita Mandir thoroughly. You will need some time to walk from Triveni Sangam to the temple and back. You will also need some time to visit the temple and enjoy the surroundings.
Is there any facility for food and water near Gita Mandir?
There are some small shops near Triveni Sangam that sell snacks and water bottles. You can also find some restaurants near Somnath Temple that serve local cuisine such as dhokla, khaman, fafda, etc.
Is there any accommodation near Gita Mandir?
There are some hotels and guest houses near Somnath Temple that offer comfortable accommodation for visitors. Some of them are Hotel Somnath Atithigruh, Hotel Shivam, Hotel Shubh Suvidha, and Hotel Sun Plaza.
Gita Mandir is a spiritual and splendid destination for anyone who loves religion, art, and architecture. The temple offers a divine and delightful view and experience for visitors. The temple also has a religious, cultural, and educational significance that adds to its charm and appeal. If you are planning to visit Gujarat, make sure to include Gita Mandir in your itinerary. You will not regret it!