Triveni Sangam is a holy and scenic destination for anyone who loves spirituality, nature, and history. The place is located near Somnath Temple in Gujarat, India. It is the confluence of three rivers – Saraswati, Kapila, and Hiran – that form a triangular shape. The place is also a popular tourist attraction, offering a serene and splendid experience for visitors. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to plan your visit to Triveni Sangam, including the location, timing, entry fees, how to reach, things to do, nearby tourist places, significance, FAQs, and conclusion. Visit during One day Somnath Sightseeing Trip By Private cab
Location of Triveni Sangam
Triveni Sangam is situated near Veraval town, about 1.5 km from Somnath Temple. The place is on the banks of the Hiran River and has a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Timing / Entry Fees Triveni Sangam
The place is open to visitors from 6 am to 6 pm on all days. There is no entry fee for visiting the place.
How to Reach Triveni Sangam
The nearest airport to Triveni Sangam is Diu Airport, which is about 85 km away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to Veraval and then another bus or taxi to Triveni Sangam. The taxi fare is around Rs. 1500 and the bus fare is around Rs. 100.
The nearest railway station to Triveni Sangam is Veraval Railway Station, which is about 7 km away. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to Triveni Sangam. The bus fare is around Rs. 20 and the taxi fare is around Rs. 100.
You can also drive to Triveni Sangam from nearby cities such as Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, etc. The road distance from Rajkot is about 190 km, from Ahmedabad is about 410 km, and from Surat is about 530 km.
Things to Do / Must See Triveni Sangam
The main attraction of Triveni Sangam is the confluence of three rivers, which offers a holy and scenic view and experience for visitors. You can see the different colors of water merging together and forming a triangular shape. You can also see the reflection of the sky and the trees on the water surface.
Apart from admiring the confluence, you can also enjoy various activities and attractions at the place site, such as:
- Bathing: You can take a dip in the water of the confluence and seek blessings from the rivers. The water is believed to have healing and purifying properties and can wash away your sins and diseases.
- Boating: You can take a boat ride on the water of the confluence and enjoy the beauty of the water and the surroundings. The boating fee is Rs. 50 per person for a round trip.
- Praying: You can visit the temple of Lord Shiva near the confluence and offer your prayers and offerings. The temple has a lingam that is said to be installed by Lord Krishna himself. The temple also has idols of Lord Ganesha, Lord Hanuman, Goddess Parvati, etc.
- Shopping: You can buy some souvenirs and gifts from the stalls near the confluence such as shells, beads, handicrafts, etc.
Nearby Tourist Places Of Triveni Sangam
Triveni Sangam is not only a holy and scenic destination but also a convenient base for exploring other nearby tourist places such as:
- Somnath Temple: Somnath Temple is one of the most sacred and ancient temples of Lord Shiva in India. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and has a rich history and legend associated with it. The temple is also an architectural marvel that showcases various styles and influences over time. The temple is open from 6 am to 9 pm on all days and has an entry fee of Rs. 5 per person.
- Gita Mandir: Gita Mandir is a temple dedicated to Lord Krishna and the Bhagavad Gita, which is one of the most sacred and influential scriptures in Hinduism. The temple has 18 chapters of the Bhagavad Gita inscribed on its walls in Sanskrit. The temple also has a statue of Lord Krishna and his charioteer Arjuna in front of the temple.
- Prabhas Patan Museum: Prabhas Patan Museum is a museum near Somnath Temple that displays various artifacts and relics related to the history and culture of Somnath and Gujarat. The museum has various sections such as sculpture gallery, inscription gallery, painting gallery, etc. The museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm on all days except Mondays and has an entry fee of Rs. 10 per person.
- Bhalka Tirth: Bhalka Tirth is the place where Lord Krishna was shot by a hunter named Jara and left his mortal body. The place has a temple dedicated to Lord Krishna that marks the spot where he was shot. The place is also a peaceful and pleasant place where you can see the Hiran River and the greenery around it.
Significance of Triveni Sangam
Triveni Sangam is not only a holy and scenic destination but also a significant and meaningful site that has many values and meanings for the people and the environment of Gujarat. Some of the values of the place are:
- Religious: The place is a religious place that is the confluence of three rivers – Saraswati, Kapila, and Hiran – that are considered sacred and auspicious in Hinduism. The place is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva performed his tandava dance after consuming the poison from the churning of the ocean. The place is also believed to be the place where Lord Krishna left his mortal body and ascended to heaven.
- Cultural: The place is a cultural place that showcases the art and architecture of Gujarat and India. The place has a temple of Lord Shiva that reflects the skill and craftsmanship of the local artisans. The place also displays the Sanskrit language and script that are the roots of Indian literature and culture.
- Environmental: The place is an environmental place that supports a diverse and delicate ecosystem of water, land, and air. The place is a source of water for irrigation and drinking purposes for the nearby villages. The place also supports a rich biodiversity of flora and fauna that are endemic to Gujarat.
How long does it take to explore Triveni Sangam?
It takes about an hour to explore Triveni Sangam thoroughly. You will need some time to walk from Somnath Temple to the confluence and back. You will also need some time to enjoy the activities and attractions at the confluence site.
Is there any facility for food and water near Triveni Sangam?
There are some small shops near Somnath Temple that sell snacks and water bottles. You can also find some restaurants near Somnath Temple that serve local cuisine such as dhokla, khaman, fafda, etc.
Is there any accommodation near Triveni Sangam?
There are some hotels and guest houses near Somnath Temple that offer comfortable accommodation for visitors. Some of them are Hotel Somnath Atithigruh, Hotel Shivam, Hotel Shubh Suvidha, and Hotel Sun Plaza.
Triveni Sangam is a holy and scenic destination for anyone who loves spirituality, nature, and history. The place offers a serene and splendid view and experience for visitors. The place also has a religious, cultural, and environmental significance that adds to its charm and appeal. If you are planning to visit Gujarat, make sure to include Triveni Sangam in your itinerary. You will not regret it!